i have the following sys:
intel c2d e6700
asus commando mother board
2*2gb transcend 800mhz ram
250gb sata 2 hard disk
vg1930 viewsonic 19inch lcd screen
leadtek 8800gts 640mb
windows xp x64
my problem is that I get lot of vertical lines on the screen a startup and i am not able to boot into normal mode, but i can get in safe mode. at first i was able to go into normal mode but after few seconds part of the screen was getting filled by violet color and the system gets stuck and i had to restart it....i changed the graphics card from the currnt pcie slot to another which i havent used before but the same problem occured. i even chnged the monitor interface from dvi to d-sub still no change, at first when i used d-sub the whole screen became violet instead of part of the screen. later wen i removed the d-sub cabal and reattached it, it became normal but still aprt violet appeared and system got hanged.....after some time i could not boot into normal mode, but was able to go into safe mode....i have the latest nvidia graphics drivers installed....the problem didnt occur immediately after installing latest drivers....wat is the problem my monitor or graphics card???

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ Prepared to be suprised:
*blogs.techrepublic.com.com/helpdesk/?p=404
*tech2.in.com/india/news/monitors/viewsonic-experience-turns-sour-for-some-users/18411/0
*www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-com...dest-aftersales-ever-viewsonic-lcd-india.html
Viewsonic's after sales has gone bad since 2007. If you run a search on consumer complaints forums, there some more where that came from.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
That's the reason I took out the VX2255wm from my list and replaced it with the Samsung 2233SW FULL HD for Rs. 10,100

OP
V

vamsi23

Right off the assembly line
i took my graphics card and installed in my dad's system and the same problem occured...so i think its GC...but when i placed my dad's GC in my sys nothing happened, the monitor didnt show anything.....the power button color of monitor was normal, but the screen was blank....any idea wat could be wrong other than GC??????

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
GC is most probably fried because of the power supply. Which reminds me to ask a generic question to the OP- which power supply?

OP
V

vamsi23

500watts zebronics
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
500 watts zebronics

Last edited:
OP
V

vamsi23

great....but my sys is already 1.5 years old it never gave any problem except playing gta4 all settings max my psu burned, but got it replaced and was working fine nothing happened to GC first time...started playing gta 4 again but with auto config settings it worked for 3 days....can u suggest good psu....how is corsair hx 620 or tx 650 which is better????

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^I think u'll hav to buy new gfx card too.

Here:-
Cooler Master 500W ExP @ 2.8k
Sapphire/Palit HD4830 512MB GDDR3 @ 7.6k

Total = Rs. 10,400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom