LCD Display cuts out during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

dav0001

Right off the assembly line
My LCD monitor (a BenqFP71E) wakes up from standby when my pc boots, but then before the first boot screen even shows up, the monitor just cuts out and goes blank (but my pc continues to boot properly).

I can *eventualy* get it to boot without the display cutting out, but it requires a few reboots, what i do is wiggle the DVI connection at the back of the GPU, and i wack & bang my LCD monitor around a few times..lol because it seems to be the only 2 things that sometimes gets it to work properly. (but i dont know if it actually helps it might just be a fluke when it starts working)

I just upgraded GPU from a 6600 to a 8800 GTS, because i thought it could of been the graphics card, but i still get this weird boot issue!!

Anyone have this problem? Why could this be happening?

specs:
Zalman 600W PSU
Gigabyte 512mb 8800 GTS
Asus P5K3 Deluxe MOBO
Corsair 2G XMS 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
e6600 CPU
Western Digital 320gig HD
SilverStone TJ02 CASE

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have lenovo 20 inch & 7600GT card & it does the same.
Whats the problem if it does so? (I never thought it to be a problem)

Finally it boots & works normally, seems it loads some driver or LUT for the LCD monitor which cuts the video signal for few sec.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
OH then there is a problem in the display card driver, uninstall &reinstall the latest driver & see if that solves the problem.
If not then change the cable & check if that works.

OP
D

dav0001

Right off the assembly line
I uninstalled the driver for my old 6600 before i installed the latest 8800 driver from the nvidea wesite, so ive got the latest driver. (unless u recommend just uninstalling it then reinstall it again?)
The DVI cable? hmm i never thought that could of been the source of this problem..but its worth the try.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Yes DVI cable or a bent pin within the dvi plug can cause such problem so if u have someone around u who can lend a cable for testing, it would be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom