Law as a career - Need Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am appearing for the CLAT examination this year on May 17th for entrance to law universities.

Law is my backup option, if I don't make it to a good engineering collage.

Can somebody please tell me what scope does Law have as a career option ? I am more inclined towards corporate law than a career as a practicing lawyer.

What is the scope of law as far as money is concerned ? What can I get by joining a top law collage in India ?

Beckhamgal

Bionic Woman
Me too applied for CLAT as a backup:D. But m not gonna appear as i hv already cleared NIFT.
Coming to ur question. You can become a judge or a lawyer in LPO or NGO. In the law course, a student is made to undergo several internships in myriad fields-NGOs, Law firms, company and court. Basically, Law graduating means u hv three options :
1)Litigation: The work is very enriching. Can end up as a good experience but the money factor is a bit low. Though you can earn huge after getting older in the job.

2)LPO: Legal Processing Outsourcing is the best career option for law graduates who wanna earn really big immediately after there LLB. But in the long run, it's not a sought after career.

3)NGO: One is reqd. to meet legal requirements of the organisations and give legal aid to needy. Only those who want to sevice the society should join NGO. Again, little money.

Judiciary is the best option if you are ready to get transferred every third year inside every town n city of a particular state(mind you, it really pisses one off). You get good salary, status, power n just everything. But then you ll hv to wait 1 year after your graduation n then again wait for the competition bcoz they donot hold it every year, these are held as per the department's need. but you get lottza age..its like 35 or so.

It may sound embarrassing, but I had to cancel my idea of writing CLAT because it clashed with an entrance test. :(

Thanks for the advice everybody, but I think my affair with law was extremely short lived.

The problem I noticed with law is that people give priority to seniority. I thought its better to remove CLAT to make room for another Engineering Exam because I am a strong advocate AGAINST use of ONLY age as a measure of skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom