Launching our magazine 'techwit'

OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
Except me and Sidharth everyone uses Linux. We all use Open office, Scribus is used for Layout and Formatting.

Krow

Crowman
Our office abandoned MS Office long ago. I think they have been using Open Office for some years now. :)

gigyaster

Journeyman
Well, I'm eagerly waiting for the next edition specially for the graphic section.

BDW, It would be a great help if you can provide a compressed download link to the mag. I'm in a slow connection so downloading even 10MB of stuff takes lot of time.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Well, I'm eagerly waiting for the next edition specially for the graphic section.

BDW, It would be a great help if you can provide a compressed download link to the mag. I'm in a slow connection so downloading even 10MB of stuff takes lot of time.

That would mean severely compressing the images. We are trying to maintain good usability with decent file size for users having slower internet connections.

abhijangda

Padawan
Really, a good magazine yaar, I like that Linux section, its good that you are a Linux enthusiast (like me or like most of TDF members).
Also, I would like to tell you that I too love Fedora. I have been using it for 4 years, from Fedora 7.
Also, I would say why not include a section for Programming. A small section indicating some programming techniques or basics of programming. Also, include some common myths and the truth. Please use any other file sharing site, mediafire.com is banned by DoT, you know. You can use Box.net | Online file sharing, content management, collaboration . It will be a good option.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Thank you abhijangda for the feedback. I'll discuss your suggestions with other members.

OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
Sorry for the huge delay in publishing the august issue, but finally we have it. Enjoy the security edition of techwit

TechWit

Techwit August 2011

Reactions: d3p
OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
We have rethought the Magazine concept and here's techwit in new way. We will post the articles as soon as they are available and at the end of the month we ll compile them into digital magazine with some extra goodies for the readers who like everything at a glance. for others there will be the regular dose of technology info every few days.

Techwit Magazine

Read it like it share it

OP
sparx

sparx

TechFanatic
This decision was taken due to the following reasons:

1)Since we are working part time for techwit, we were not having enough time to co-ordinate with the writers designers, thereby delaying the publishing process. This makes it much more easier.

2)It allows for posting recent and trending topics as soon as they occur so we can provide fresh information.

3)This will bring in regular traffic to our site, instead of once a month and allow us to expand. We have plans to offer more customized site in future, for which regular revenue will be required.

We are also looking for
1)Someone who can help us build our planned website
2)A person who knows DTP to compile the monthly magazine.
and
3) We are always looking for article contributors. We want to share and grow.

Top Bottom