Latest Software Download from torrent sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
Hi All,

I am going to study in an University in US of A . There obviously the use of pirated software is banned.
However, if I use original windows vista (business) on my Laptop.

But download and install other programs such as-
Microsoft Office.
Adobe acrobat. etc.
from torrent sites(in India) and install them here on my laptop while I am in India.

when I take this laptop to USA----------will anybody in USA be able to catch me???

thats a very important question for me..

bcz the software is quite expensive (difficult to afford) and the punishment if caught may even cause serious consequences.

thanks a lot

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Stop piracy. Switch to open source if you don't want to spend money or buy original software. Free alternatives are available for most of the paid softwares.
Students get MS office at discounted prices. For students in US, Office 2007 ultimate at just $59.95 *www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

kapsicum

spice it up
go for open source alternatives applications like....
OpenOffice.org -> Microsoft Office
Foxit Reader ->Adobe acrobat... etc

Since they are Free & legal to use, Easy to Shift to, Similar in features & Most of the times are better than there commercial counterparts.

for more OS alternative list check @ www.osalt.com

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
We don't encourage piracy and don't discuss it.

As advised above switch to OpenSource, u got openOffice there. Its enough for ur Day-to-Day work.
Even in Windows, OpenOffice is supported.

OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
That does not answer my question. MS office and adobe professsional are just a few examples. there are many more.
I wanna know can someone know that my software is not legal.

thanks

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I wanna know can someone know that my software is not legal.

100 % guarantee, no one will get to know that you are using pirated software :D
1. Don't connect to internet
2. Don't take your laptop out of the place you are staying at.
3. Keep it in a locked cupboard so that none of your friend can find it.

OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
100 % guarantee, no one will get to know that you are using pirated software :D
1. Don't connect to internet
2. Don't take your laptop out of the place you are staying at.
3. Keep it in a locked cupboard so that none of your friend can find it.

so u r a guy who does not know anything abt it and is just passing time on net bcz may be-
1. you dont have a gf
2. you are shy and ugly and remain indoors just writing on various forums.
3. you have nothing else in life to do.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
so u r a guy who does not know anything abt it and is just passing time on net bcz may be-
1. you dont have a gf
2. you are shy and ugly and remain indoors just writing on various forums.
3. you have nothing else in life to do.

Now, thats a personal attack. In forums not everyone will be kind enough to fulfill ur wrong demands.

Feel fortunate that ur thrd is not yet reported.

OP
T

TECH_MANAGER

Broken In
that was defence not attack. first I was attacked. and I retaliated.

that was defense not attack. first I was attacked. and I retaliated.

what is wrong , what is right------------its not easy to decide. what seems wrong to you today may seem right at some time and vice versa.

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
^^ ok ok ... calm down..

as for your question, a pirated software is the same everywhere...if u use pirated s.w in India and take the same to USofA, it wont become legal nor will it be termed as outside the jurisdiction of USofA

so basically, if someone finds out that you have been using pirated s.w and if they are strict enough, then you shall have to face the consequences.

As suggested by others , switch to open source.. { i know it isn't the answer you are looking for..but suggesting an alternative isn't wrong..is it ?? }

and i guess you can rely on google products (to do your MS Office related work) online...i'm sure in USofA you can find WiFi etc ...

shantanu

Technomancer
even i want to catch you.. and refrain from personal attacks .. Techmanager : this is a warning to you.. dont be so proud of piracy.. Piracy is equal to Stealing and its a crime, sure you will be caught in USA.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom