Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
Thanks a lot for reply... The day before is went to authorised nvidia store in mumbai there they suggested me 9600 512 DDR3 with extreme overclovked version at Rs 9500. i even saw GTX280 at Rs 33000 and GTX260 at Rs27,000 it was mind blowing... And i m planning to buy 19" viewsonic monitor at 8000 from Viewsonic authorised distrubutor store... can any one tell me authorised store for ATI product in mumbai.... for graphic card price compare with nvidia... One more thing what u all suggest if i buy some cheep second hand laptop for around 12k to 15k for geeral prupose and buy a PS3 at Rs23000 for playing games.... so it will fit in my budget guys please think of it... i m waiting for PS3 keyboard and mouse so that i cam play FPS on PS3..... Will cracked game image or DVD games work on PS3 ad how... Guys please search youtube for PS3 keyboard but i dont know is it available in india or not..

u can order only u ll get against order & donot get 9600gt [OCed] for 9500 its totally not valuable try to get HD4850 fot 9.7k ----->thats more than enough if u put two HD4850 on crossfire it will kill the gtx280 in all games try to HD4850: good luck :pS3 graphics are not eyecandy as like HD4850 graphics --------------------

lucifer_is_back

Journeyman
whats the price of K9A2 Platinum
from itwares website i got price of MSI K9A2 Platinum v2 8975
i am buying from delhi actually its more of like replacing mine old board and the dealer gave me this board as option so i only have to pay the price diff but i dont believe the price the dealer gave so kindly can any body give me its price

Last edited:

arijit_2404

still find time for games
But one big negative about 4850.
the idle temp. of 4850 is 70-80 degree Celsius.
under load the temp reaches 95 degree celsius.

and it dumps all the heat into your cabinet.

1. that decreases the shelf life of other components.
2. the fan creates more noise.
3. acts as an heater.
4. may burn out in one year like the earlier Nvidia cards.

so is the 4850 worth the hype??????

Yes, it's worth the hype and it's a performer card.

I have Palit HD4850 (bought on mid-september) with latest BIOS that idles at 43-45C and while gaming it maxxed upto 69-70C.
Driver: 8.10 catalyst.

Remember: This temps are at default fan speed settings (6% speed). no tweaking done.
Fan is noiseless at default settings.

I've tried 30% speed. it produces some noise like CPU noise. Brings temp down to ~40C at idle and while gaming doesn't go above 65C.

I am right now at office - can not post any screen shot. :D
I can do that if you want proof. :)

regards.

ashfame

Padawan
I have Palit HD4850 (bought on mid-september) with latest BIOS that idles at 3-45C and while gaming it maxxed upto 69-70C.
Driver: 8.10 catalyst.

Can you tell what you did? I own a Palit HD4850 too but with the default drivers which came along with it. You just downloaded the latest driver or did something else?

My PC is @ hostel with those high temperatures. I will love to go and fix it.

arijit_2404

Can you tell what you did? I own a Palit HD4850 too but with the default drivers which came along with it. You just downloaded the latest driver or did something else?

My PC is @ hostel with those high temperatures. I will love to go and fix it.

Early ATi cards had heat issues. But later a new hardware BIOS has been released in late July which took care of many issues.
Check your hardware BIOS version from ATi control center.

*i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/allrpgfreak/misc/th_bios-info.jpg

if it shows late July date (I think after 25 or 26 july) then your problem can solved using latest driver.
In latest catalyst 8.10 driver - you can adjust fan speed. Set it to 30-40% and your temp should come down. While gaming you can set it to 60% but more than that is not recommended. fan life might be in danger. :D

Also latest Palit cards come with bigger fans which keeps GPU temp lower than before. if your card is from early batch then I must say you got a smaller fan which might not help much in your case - you should tweak fan speed ASAP.

anyway, check how cool is my HD4850 at default settings.

*i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff32/allrpgfreak/misc/th_hd4850idle.jpg

Download latest catalyst driver immediately. it's v8.10.
:p

ashfame

Padawan
@arijit_2404
Yeah! I bought it when it was just launched.
Thanks man! Will do when I will return hostel.
Also in your screen shot, you have unlocked (I forgot what you call that - a lock - after which you can overclock). Doesn't that void the warranty?

arijit_2404

@arijit_2404
Yeah! I bought it when it was just launched.
Thanks man! Will do when I will return hostel.
Also in your screen shot, you have unlocked (I forgot what you call that - a lock - after which you can overclock). Doesn't that void the warranty?

Hmm. this means fan speed tweak is your only option for heat. :(
Anyway, you can at least cool down your temp a lot. But don't worry - I read in internet (i forgot the link and didn't get it now) that new gen ATi cards can easily handle ~90-100C temp without any problem. They are lab tested in ATi itself.

ATi manual says don't over-clock the GPU if its running at 110C, so 70-90C is okay. Still cooling down more will help card's lifespan.

That feature is known as 'Overdrive', right? :D
It won't void warranty because it comes with official ATi driver thus making it an official overclocking tool.
Go ahead and unlock it. If you are not confident then just tweak fan speed. Else you can overclock GPU also. ;)

ashfame

Padawan
@arijit_2404
Yeah! Overdrive. Cool man, I am away from hostel for ~3weeks. My PC is lying there. I already knew about that new gen ATi cards can easily handle temps like those but still its gud if its cool. Isn't it? heh.

If it doesnt void warranty then how come its locked by default? May be cuz novice users may overclock it without realizing it, i guess.

Thanks man! Will get into this issue and see what can be done and how much.

See ya around.

Regards
Ashish aka Ashfame

arijit_2404

It's locked for novice users only. Anyway fan speed tweak is a safe bet for cooling down the temps.
glad i could help u.

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
It's locked for novice users only. Anyway fan speed tweak is a safe bet for cooling down the temps.
glad i could help u.

i need help ?? please :(:(:(

i just dropped my palit hd 4850 from my table it fall down , but after that i play crysis warhead for one hour the card works but still worried , please i need answers i was much worried ???

acewin

Point Blanc
plz can anyone suggest me a good external casing 4 SATA hdd & dvd\cd ritter & price also ???

HDD case are 3.5 where as DVD/CD Burner are in 5 inch.
Go accordingly.
I have bought Coolermaster casing he adaptor is very good. But cost me 1150 for PATA. SATA is around 1400-1500 has eSATA and Firewire.
There is another one in 1300 which has

For DVD Burners I had bought a casing which was from gemini, it is very good, but the power adaptor is cheap one. cost was 700-800
There is no DVD burner casing from Coolermaster I think.

Besides if you live in Bangalore check Croma or Star Bazzar, there is a LG external burner available in 2-2.1K, that would be better than buying a separate case for this.

the LG Bruner model is GSA-E60N

otherthan coolermaster you can check gemini and TAG for any of these casings.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
i need help ?? please :(:(:(

i just dropped my palit hd 4850 from my table it fall down , but after that i play crysis warhead for one hour the card works but still worried , please i need answers i was much worried ???

Don't worry man if card is working so its ok run 3D mark 2-3 times.Man u r using AMD products. AMD is stands for A=Advanced, M=Man, D=Devices :D

Top Bottom