Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanx guys. These are the prices I got.

Samsung 740N = Rs 9,300
Viewsonic VG1930WM Widescreen = Rs 9,900
Viewsonic VA1703wb Widescreen = Rs 8,800

I have narrowed down my choice to these only. The difference between 740N & VA1703wb is Rs 500 but if comparing between Samsung 740N & Viewsonic VA1703wb there is a difference of Rs 500 but samsung gives better brightness of 300 Cd/m2 & Contract ratio of 700:1 compared to Viewsonic's 250 Cd/m2 & 500:1. How much difference will this make in day to day usage. Both are 8 MS.

I have never used a Viewsonic monitor before. Now, service I can manage in Lucknow, but how is the quality of viewsonic monitors? 19" is too much, I would rather go for 17" Viewsonic VA1703wb

Last edited:

balardhruva

Broken In
what is the current price of intel core 2 Quad "kentsfield" Q6600 and intel original D975XBX2 mother board?
also price of nVIDIA 7300GT,GS and GL AGP card?
is it dedicated 512 MB graphics card or 256 MB?

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
^@GX I got Viewsonic 19" Widescreen for Rs.9100 yesterday.
Points to note: It does have nice contrast and 5ms response time but max resolution is 1440*900 and no DVI cable included.
(The site mentions that DVI is optional )

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^@GX I got Viewsonic VG1930WM Widescreen for Rs.9100 yesterday.
Points to note: It does have nice contrast and 5ms response time but max resolution is 1440*900 and no DVI.
(The site mentions that DVI is optional )

Thanx, I have finalized Samsung 740N instead of ViewSonic 17". Lets see if I can stretch my budget. Resolution of 1400X900 is good enough for me, I prefer working at 1280X1024 anyway.

So, Samsung 740N is fixed, unless I can get a better deal on the 19" Viewsonic.

The Transcendental
Well. IMHO, out of the box, when I was testing it for dead pixels, the colors seemed fabulous. An Acer 19" was also available about 300 bucks cheaper but I had already decided to get a viewsonic, so I didn't check it out. Also, the viewsonic lcds have a silver grey coating. (May be a turn off for some) but at most shops these were out of stock (sell quickly, as i was apprised). Had to wait more than an hour to just get it sourced.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
Thanx, I have finalized Samsung 740N instead of ViewSonic 17". Lets see if I can stretch my budget. Resolution of 1400X900 is good enough for me, I prefer working at 1280X1024 anyway.

Whichever the brand, the extra 2 inches do make a lot of difference and the price difference is little.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm....If I compare Samsung 740N with Viewsonic VA1903wm

Samsung 740N
Brightness = 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio = 700:1

ViewSonic VA1903wm
Brightness = 270 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio = 700:1

Not much of a differnece. Can we tild viewsonic vertically? I might be able to get a cost reduction as I m selling my old monitor.

So far, viewsonic is a recomended monitor.

shashank4u

Youngling
Viewsonic model no VG1921wm2, RT:5 ms, 19inch wide monitor priced at 10,500 in nehru place...
i bought it around 2 months ago.
Go for Viewsonic really awesome wideangle viewing experience.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
hmm...I think I need to see this monitor in person now :)

Can u two do me a favor, right now if possible. Post here or link here the screenshot of your desktop at 1400X900 resolution, & with some Window's open like IE, Word , Explorer, side by side. I need to look for one thing.

4:3 screen ratio makes it easier to read, while widescreen is better for movie viewing etc. Howeverm I need to check how good is widescreen for reading. Plz post a desktop screenshot with anything open at 1400X900 native resolution.

A real pic of physical Monitor will be appriciated too

The Transcendental
@gx. wud love to. But I assembled it for a cousin and I don't have it. Will see if i can but seems unlikely.
I bet you can check it out at the shop. Any case, don't buy an lcd from a place where the dealer doesn'l let you check it for dead pixels. LCD monitors come with an onsite warranty, do confirm it too.
VG1921 has integrated speakers I suppose, which you'll probably not use.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
@gx. wud love to. But I assembled it for a cousin and I don't have it. Will see if i can but seems unlikely.
Atleast try, or tell him to mail u a screenshot of his desktop with things open. :) This is the model u r talking about, right ?

*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=320

Any case, don't buy an lcd from a place where the dealer doesn'l let you check it for dead pixels. LCD monitors come with an onsite warranty, do confirm it too.
Dealer is a friend, so service won't be problem. How to check for dead pixels
VG1921 has integrated speakers I suppose, which you'll probably not use.
Integrated speakers are useless for me.

Last edited:

pa_7

Right off the assembly line
Which one will be better performer (in terms of overclocking the fsb and tweaking of memory timings/voltages...both are 650i chipset and later has one extra PCIe slot) irrespective of their prices ???

ASUS P5N-E SLI : Rs.6000
XFX 60i Ultra: Rs.5000

I already have 2X1 GB G.Skill 800MHZ RAM (through KMD)...also tell me which processor I should have to buy for overclcoking purpose in current scenario

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
gx_saurav said:

even i agree go with samsung 740n

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ssk_the_gr8 said:
even i agree go with samsung 740n

740N is good & fixed :). But since the viesonic 19" is only Rs 500 away, its a deal hard to resist. Thats why I m trying to find more & more about it before buying....

The Transcendental
Check the Viewsonic UK site. VG1930WM Widescreen has optional DVI, 5ms RT, 1440x900 res, The one I bought was a 19" widescreen with the same 5ms RT, 1440x900 res (didn't check for DVI, used the bundled analog cable), brightness, contrast ratios on the box, Will be more careful when I buy one for myself :D
The VA1903WM on the Viewsonic India web page is a different model than the 1930WM (probably no DVI Output).
There is another cheaper Viewsonic model, the VG930WM, an older obsolete model with 8ms RT and max res of 1280x720res which has been phased out.
Be careful regarding the model numbers. Small differences in the names may translate into a disproportionate difference in the hardware

You can check for dead pixels by looking at the lcd for points which do not light up as seen in a totally white background or a totally black background ( i go for overkill by testing with more colors. Free utilities are available on the net which you may take along with you on a flash drive for testing .
For more details here is an old post which may help you decide for a better lcd.
But do not underestimate the screen size.
It has a lot of advantage even in reading in full screen page width. (you can always zoom to a lesser value if you find the entire page width distracting.)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Small differences in the names may translate into a disproportionate difference in the hardware
No worries about Model number. Viewsonic India has the model number of the part available in India. UK model isn't available here I think.

Viewsonic VG1930WM IS 4:3 Ratio based & available in U.K. In India we have equivalent VA1903wm which is widescreen

You can check for dead pixels by looking at the lcd for points which do not light up as seen in a totally white background or a totally black background
So first look with a full screen white image & then with a full screen black image. If I see a black pixel or dot in White screen then those pixel are dead. Same in the case of black. If I see a white pixel or dot on a complete black background this means that pixel is dead. Right?

But do not underestimate the screen size.
ya one benefit would be that I can stack two Windows side by side.

The Transcendental
^yep. best of luck for your purchase.
on a side note; i am still using my samsung (samtron) 56E 15" CRT i purchased 7 years back @ 1024x768/70hz. as such, i don't have much experience with lcds. So dont take my opinion on face value. Will upgrade in a few months and will ask your opinion. :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
gx_saurav said:
No worries about Model number. Viewsonic India has the model number of the part available in India. UK model isn't available here I think.

Viewsonic VG1930WM IS 4:3 Ratio based & available in U.K. In India we have equivalent VA1903wm which is widescreen

If going for Viewsonic, see whether there is service centre somewhere nearby. Mine is now at the service centre at Ernakulam for the last 15 days and moreover, it is the second time in the last two months. In Kerala it is their only service centre.

Top Bottom