Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Oh...k, will inquire about Service Center.

I saw the CHIP August 07 LCD monitor test. VA1903WM is not in it. How is ViewSonic VA1926w compared VA1903WM? On paper it looks better but does it provides any compelling real world benefit? what is the cost of VA1926w ? I inquired & the dealer told me that VA1926w will come on order. Now I am already paying Rs 9,900 instead for a Samsung 740N for 9,400. If the difference is too much I might have to stay with VA1903wm. Here is the comparision of these 2 models. As you can see VA1926w has a better viewing angle of 160 degree compared to 1903wm, what difference this makes in real life text etc..?

*img380.imageshack.us/img380/2707/080920070550pmzc1.png

I have decided to go for a widescreen 17 or 19 inch monitor as with Widescreen I can have more Windows open at once side by side. This means IE 7 Window as well as Yahoo Messenger chat & Webcam window....at resolution of 1400X900 is a good addition.

Last edited:

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ GX I think there are issues with Viewsonic LCD's . It was also posted here in digit .. Please check it again before going for Viewsonic.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@gx_saurav

From the chart, it seems VA1903WM doesn't have DVI input which gives far better display than VGA.

If you are alone using the monitor, the viewing angle doesn't matter much since you will always be in the front. Otherwise, for eg., few people watching a movie, larger the viewing angle, the better.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm...have to consider the cost of VA1926W now. I m the only one using the computer mostly & if someone watches movies....150 degree viewing angle is more then enough in my room. Anyone know the cost of VA1926W

^^ GX I think there are issues with Viewsonic LCD's . It was also posted here in digit .. Please check it again before going for Viewsonic.

What issues? when were they coming?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
heard lots of problems with view soniq ( particularly in chip forum ) . . . .but none have done a endurance test , so cant say . . .but since u know ur dealer pretty well , maybe the risk is less..

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sagargv said:
heard lots of problems with view soniq ( particularly in chip forum ) . . . .but none have done a endurance test , so cant say . . .but since u know ur dealer pretty well , maybe the risk is less..

But the chip forum has not been functioning for the last 6 months. The latest post is from the fist week of December.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am a victim of Viewsonic. Even the new/replaced unit developed problem within a month. Still, the quality of the monitor (when in working condition) was excellent.

You may also like to see
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59736&highlight=viewsonic
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48787&page=3&highlight=viewsonic

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
janitha said:
But the chip forum has not been functioning for the last 6 months. The latest post is from the fist week of December.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I am a victim of Viewsonic. Even the new/replaced unit developed problem within a month. Still, the quality of the monitor (when in working condition) was excellent.

You may also like to see
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59736&highlight=viewsonic
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48787&page=3&highlight=viewsonic

Lolz...ants :d. My table is clean

2nd...once u got replacement, it was working fine na? See, I have no problems of replacement here, if it borks i can get a new one from shop only....jayga kahan, ex-college friend own the shop :D

any other problem?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
widescreen is the best in everything
if u put ur resolution to widescreen reading is as normal as on a 4:3
+ u get more workspace u can open 2 firefoxes at one time and view together
games look more awesome and if its only 12k for 19 wide why not
im using my sony bravia 26inch and its awesome its better than 4:3

pillainp

Journeyman
Can someone give me a list of 19" (normal aspect ratio) LCD monitors that are available with DVI connectors, please?

I have checked a number of manufacturers, and most only offer models with analog connectors.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^^ VewSonic VA1926W is what u should look for.

I will inquire about the cost of VA1926W tomorrow. Thanx for the posts today, good night.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@gx_saurav

Pl see my post 2290. The service centre still says they are not getting necessary spare from Viewsonic and may be they will give another replacement. Getting no replies to mails to VS.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Ok....so the only problem which seems here is the service center, right? Ok, I will double check that

janitha

Wise Old Owl
pillainp said:
Can someone give me a list of 19" (normal aspect ratio) LCD monitors that are available with DVI connectors, please?

I have checked a number of manufacturers, and most only offer models with analog connectors.

Nowadays, almost every brand has few normal aspect ratio monitors and they popularize wide screen because its production cost is less.

But every brand offers DVI models, albeit at slightly higher cost.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

yeah we already know... its one site which goes close to the priceing on all India basis, true that some thing is Cheap in Kolkata some thing in banglore, but over all its pretty good...

balardhruva

Broken In
what is the current price of intel core 2 Quad "kentsfield" Q6600 and intel original D975XBX2 mother board?
also price of nVIDIA 7300GT,GS and GL AGP card?
is it dedicated 512 MB graphics card or 256 MB?

rohan4pal

Pain is Forever
balardhruva said:
what is the current price of intel core 2 Quad "kentsfield" Q6600 and intel original D975XBX2 mother board?
also price of nVIDIA 7300GT,GS and GL AGP card?
is it dedicated 512 MB graphics card or 256 MB?
hey y dont u give ur budget so ht v can help u out?????

Choto Cheeta said:
^^^

yeah we already know... its one site which goes close to the priceing on all India basis, true that some thing is Cheap in Kolkata some thing in banglore, but over all its pretty good...

i just wanna know tht will this 8600GT help DX9 games

Top Bottom