Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

borg

In the zone
Rashi peripherals selling XFX 6600Gt for just under 15k in Bangalore. Man these guys are totally ripping us off here in Bangalore. :(

krisjr

In the zone
ur true

borg said:
Rashi peripherals selling XFX 6600Gt for just under 15k in Bangalore. Man these guys are totally ripping us off here in Bangalore. :(
hi,
well its true man..blore is one of the most highly taxed place.everything is taxed,especially IT products..the only golden goose which lays golden eggs for India's silicon cityis slowly strangles by the govt here.wat to do.if ur from blore,hav u checkd prices from SP road hardware shops....

borg

In the zone
I think we Bangaloreans are not supposed to play Doom 3. I called up Texonic instruments, who are the official dealers of Gigabyte Graphics card in bangalore. He quoted a price of Rs. 9500/- pus taxes for a 9600pro . What the hell man???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The prices here are almost RS. 1000/- to 2000 more than the rest of the country. I am slowly thinking of giving up my plans to buy a graphics card. Who the hell wants to pay such exhorbitant prices for such things???. My PS2 rules. Will take Doom 3 & shove it up Id software's ***

Also please tell me hows chennai?. Is it taxed too. I don't mind going to chennai buying everything & comming back. I think even if I add the travel costs, I will still save some money.

[flAsh]

In the zone
what's the cost of a ASUS RADEON 9600XT VIVO. Rptech ppl don't sell radeon based asus gfx cards. now what the hell is this???? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
can anybody tell me where to contact 4 these cards.

borg

In the zone
Yeah man, I also called them & asked for the Asus 9600 & the guy told me that it hasn't landed in india yet !!!!. Oh my God, in this age of 6800s we still have to wait for the lowly 9600 to arrive. What the hell!!!.

Someone here knows how to make RDX or something????. I'm getting angry thoughts here. :evil: :evil: :evil:

plasmafire

Journeyman
i can help u there

Reclamation of RDX from C-4 Explosives by the Jolly Roger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RDX can be obtained from C-4 explosives with the use of gasoline. It can be used as a booster explosive for detonators or as a high explosive charge.
Material Required

Gasoline
C-4 explosive
2 - pint glass jars, wide mouth
Paper towels
Stirring rod (glass or wood)
Water
Ceramic or glass dish
Pan
Heat source
Teaspoon
Cup
Tape
NOTE: Water, Ceramic or glass dish, pan, & heat source are all optional. The RDX can be air dried instead.
Procedure:

Place 1-1/2 teaspoons (15 grams) of C-4 explosive in one of the pint jars. Add 1 cup (240 milliliters) of gasoline.
NOTE: These quantities can be increased to obtain more RDX. For example, use 2 gallons of gasoline per 1 cup of C-4.
Knead and stir the C-4 with the rod until the C-4 has broken down into small particles. Allow mixture to stand for 1/2 hour.

Stir the mixture again until a fine white powder remains on the bottom of the jar.

Filter the mixture through a paper towel into the other glass jar. Wash the particles collected on the paper towel with 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) of gasoline. Discard the waste liquid.
Place the RDX particles in a glass or ceramic dish. Set the dish in a pan of hot water, not boiling and dry for a period of 1 hour.

NOTE: The RDX particles may be air dried for a period of 2 to 3 hours.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.D.X. 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.D.X., also called cyclonite, or composition C-1 (when mixed with plasticisers) is one of the most valuable of all military explosives. This is because it has more than 150% of the power of T.N.T., and is much easier to detonate. It should not be used alone, since it can be set off by a not-too severe shock. It is less sensitive than mercury fulminate, or nitroglycerine, but it is still too sensitive to be used alone.
NO
|
N
/ \ RDX MOLECULE
/ \
H C H C
/ 2 2
/ |
O N N--NO
2 \ / 2
\ /
\ /
CH

R.D.X. can be made by the surprisingly simple method outlined hereafter. It is much easier to make in the home than all other high explosives, with the possible exception of ammonium nitrate.
MATERIALS EQUIPMENT

hexamine 500 ml beaker
or
methenamine glass stirring rod
fuel tablets (50 g)
funnel and filter paper
concentrated
nitric acid (550 ml) ice bath container (plastic bucket)

distilled water centigrade thermometer

table salt blue litmus paper

ice ammonium nitrate

Place the beaker in the ice bath, (see section 3.13, steps 3-4) and carefully pour 550 ml of concentrated nitric acid into the beaker.
When the acid has cooled to below 20 degrees centigrade, add small amounts of the crushed fuel tablets to the beaker. The temperature will rise, and it must be kept below 30 degrees centigrade, or dire consequences could result. Stir the mixture.
Drop the temperature below zero degrees centigrade, either by adding more ice and salt to the old ice bath, or by creating a new ice bath. Or, ammonium nitrate could be added to the old ice bath, since it becomes cold when it is put in water. Continue stirring the mixture, keeping the temperature below zero degrees centigrade for at least twenty minutes
Pour the mixture into a litre of crushed ice. Shake and stir the mixture, and allow it to melt. Once it has melted, filter out the crystals, and dispose of the corrosive liquid.
Place the crystals into one half a litre of boiling distilled water. Filter the crystals, and test them with the blue litmus paper. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the litmus paper remains blue. This will make the crystals more stable and safe.
Store the crystals wet until ready for use. Allow them to dry completely using them. R.D.X. is not stable enough to use alone as an explosive.
Composition C-1 can be made by mixing 88.3% R.D.X. (by weight) with 11.1% mineral oil, and 0.6% lecithin. Kneed these material together in a plastic bag. This is one way to desensitize the explosive.
H.M.X. is a mixture of T.N.T. and R.D.X.; the ratio is 50/50, by weight. it is not as sensitive, and is almost as powerful as straight R.D.X.
By adding ammonium nitrate to the crystals of R.D.X. after step 5, it should be possible to desensitize the R.D.X. and increase its power, since ammonium nitrate is very insensitive and powerful. Soduim or potassium nitrate could also be added; a small quantity is sufficient to stabilize the R.D.X.
R.D.X. detonates at a rate of 8550 meters/second when it is compressed to a density of 1.55 g/cubic cm.

[flAsh]

In the zone
borg said:
Yeah man, I also called them & asked for the Asus 9600 & the guy told me that it hasn't landed in india yet !!!!. Oh my God, in this age of 6800s we still have to wait for the lowly 9600 to arrive. What the hell!!!.

Someone here knows how to make RDX or something????. I'm getting angry thoughts here. :evil: :evil: :evil:

These ppl r mad. Can u expect a previous generation mainstream card not b available even in metros??? :evil: :evil:
these s**t just can't do anything expect smiling on u :evil: :evil:

plasmafire

Journeyman
hey 4 da really angry ones,.. the recipie 4 RDX works..

btw. therezz nothin we can do abt it..so stop rantin n ask a frnd 2 get it fm sing,canada,malasia

mamba

In the zone
hey
called up the 2 no.s supersaiyan gave . the rptech guy , gave me another no of some Mr Saini B10 Meghdoot Bulding , NP (mob-9891349134) , 4 amd prices .
here r the prices was told ( didnt do no bargaining )

Power color x800xt PCI-E – 32,500
amd 64 ( 939 ) 3000+ - 8,500
.................... 3200+ - 12,500
.................... 3500+ - 14,500
asus a8n SLI dx - 17,600

heard some1 say the asus was 4 somethin around 12k

the mediatech guy said there was some chinese new year goin on ( till 18th feb ) so the gaiward production was stalled n there was no 6800gt in stock . would b available in march begining .

mamba

In the zone
hey
r there ne ANTEC stores in delhi ?? they dont mention in ne of there ads n when i contacted them through mail , they replid with a silly ' get back 2 u ' msg .

newayz , how much does a Super LanBoy n a True Power 480 watt cost ??

[flAsh]

In the zone
can anybody tell me the price of powercolor radeon 9600XT VIVO???
does 6600GT has VIVO??
which is a better deal??

mamba

In the zone
me thinkz u should go 4 a 6600gt , VIVO or no VIVO
scored round 8400 in 3dmark 03 , vereas a 9800XT which manages only say , 5500 - 6000 , n v havnt even talked bout the 9600 . even the x600xt (against which itz pitted) , scored round 4300 . (Jan CHIP)

newayz tis ur money , n u the best judge

Geforce

Journeyman
I bought the following...

:arrow: AMD ATHLON 64 2800+
:arrow: w/ MSI K8N Neo Platinum Board (NForce3 250GB Chipset)

:idea: for Rs 13,500/- . these are Nehru Place, Delhi prices

Also

:arrow: 512 MB DDR400 Kingston for Rs 4,050/-

The motherboard is actually a little expensive as compared to ASUS K8V. but it (ASUS K8V) was not available and the urge to get a new system got the better of me.

Major-Minor

Broken In
[flAsh said:
]can anybody tell me the price of powercolor radeon 9600XT VIVO???
does 6600GT has VIVO??
which is a better deal??

The 6600GT is definately a better buy, a much faster card, but it is also costlier by about 3k, here is the rate for the PowerColor Radeon 9600XT 256 MB DDR DVI VIVO --- Rs. 11,900.
About the 6600GT offering VIVO, Check out the first model of the Gigabyte 6600GT series which supports VIVO function, here check this out - *www.giga-byte.com/VGA/Products/Products_NVIDIAGeForce6600GT.htm
Even MSI have a 6600GT model which supports the VIVO function.

[flAsh]

In the zone
ITS PCI-E and I need a AGP solution, HOW is CLUB 3D XGI Volari V8 ULTRA DUO. my vendor is selling it (it's second hand but doen't looks old from any angle) it has all of its bundle infact even the CLUB 3D sticker. he is selling it in Rs.2500 after a lot of negotiations.

Major-Minor

Broken In
Forget any thoughts about buying the XGI V8, in today's graphics card industry there are only two companies you can trust for reliability and performance them being ATi and Nvidia. Though the dealer is ready to sell it to you for only 2.5k, I am sure you won't like the performance, technical support will be very hard to come-by, the card's drivers will be very immature and unreliable, plus since it is second hand you won't get a warranty.

Now coming back to the 6600GT, if you want a AGP solution with VIVO, you can get the Gainward 6600GT - *www.i-tech.com.au/products/6892_Gainward_6600GT_AGP_6600GT_128Mb_DDRIII.asp

The MSI GeForce 6600GT AGP also has VIVO support. The model number being NX6600GT-VTD128.

The rates for the 6600GT AGP from XFX have come down btw, the 6600GT AGP now costs about 12.3k, I am unaware as to whether it has VIVO support.

cybershastri

Journeyman
Graphics Card Prices

The following are the graphics cards with their prices. (NOTE: Prices are of Mysore).

1) XFX 5700LE 128MB 128-bit : Rs. 5900/-
2) XFX 5700LE 256MB 128-bit : Rs. 7200/-
3) XFX 5700ULTRA 128 MB VIVO : Rs. 13500/-
4) 5500 256MB : Rs. 5900/-
5) FX6600 256MB : Rs. 13500/-

6) ATI Raedon 9200SP 128 MB : Rs. 3600/-
7) 9600 non pro 128MB : Rs. 5500/-
8) 9550 256MB : Rs. 7900/-
9) 9600pro 256 MB : Rs. 10500/-
10) 9600 XT 256MB VIVO : Rs. 16000/-

My budget is around 7k so i am thinking of buying 5700LE 256MB. I would like to go for 9600pro but is simply too colstly in Karnataka. Which graphics card other than 5700LE would you guys suggest for my budget? Also are the prices quoted above reasonable? :)

Top Bottom