Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

Kniwor

Learner
pops said:
It is one of the most simplest way to get AMD Processor Official Price list!!!
<Simple Use This Link>
*www.amd.com/t3pricing

that actually is the worst way to estimate the street price, that is price for 100unit-tray, and not even people living in US get the processors near that price, leave alone india, we pay much more than that.

viper

Broken In
hii guys..
tnx for the info..
i hve a budget of around Rs.10000 for an AMD processor..which one is fast n also not outdated..???whats the diff. b/n X2,AM2 and FX???

Last edited:

montylee

Journeyman
In gaming 3800+ is better than X2 3800+ but in general multiprocessing environment X2 is better. In future, newer softwares and games shd run better on X2.
Only AMD AM2 socket supports DDR2.

viper

Broken In
amd 64 is better in gamin..??i hope there isnt a HUGE variation in gamin performance..n also..is there a big difference in performance b/n DDR n DDR2??

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Socket AM2 has DDR2 support.

Go for

1) AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800IAA5CU

or

2) AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA3200CNBOX
or
3) AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Orleans 2000MHz HT Socket AM2 Processor Model ADA3500CNBOX - Retail

Remember:

Cores with ddr2 support: windsor, orleans, manil
cores with ddr (no ddr2) support: venice, denmark, manchester,venus, toledo,san diego. all these are socket 939 CPU's.

montylee

Journeyman
For now, there is not much performance difference b/w Single and Dual Core CPUs but the performance difference will only show once application are made for multi-core processors. Also, DDR-2 does not make significant performance improvement to AMD.

Kniwor

Learner
every socket is around 6-7$ at max, but sorry to say u cant purchase sockets, AMD sells them to motherboard manufacturers only in Bulk, i wonder why do u want a socket. Anyhow i am kidding.

u cant get a socket, u need to get a motehrboard with that socket, this means changing the motherboard.

montylee

Journeyman
AM2 socket based motherboards are available at SMD International, Nehru Place. AS Kniwor said, price shd be around 6-7K

janitha

Wise Old Owl
@Kniwor
My Corsair Value Select (2x1GB) are with 3,3,3,8 latencies. Can you pl tell me why? (Yours being 2.5). Also, most of the time, they run @ 201MHz (201x9=1809) but sometimes at 216 MHZ (216x9=1944). Hope you will clarify.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
There is no point going for a high amd cpu or maybe even am2. fx 62 and all are crap when you compare them to conroe.

Get E6600 + 975 chipset and at stock you are faster than the fastest amd cpu, once you overclock you are upto 50% faster or even faster than any amd 64 overclocked cpu.

Kniwor

Learner
janitha said:
@Kniwor
My Corsair Value Select (2x1GB) are with 3,3,3,8 latencies. Can you pl tell me why? (Yours being 2.5). Also, most of the time, they run @ 201MHz (201x9=1809) but sometimes at 216 MHZ (216x9=1944). Hope you will clarify.
for 512 Mb it comes in both specifications, i got the 2.5CL one, may be the same for 1Gb, second thing, where did u check the frequencies, what is with the multiplier 9, as it seems u have a AMD 3000+ which has a multiplier of 9, or some other procy with this one, and are u overclocking?

Last edited:
Top Bottom