Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'
what would be the price of a 1TB external HDD
here around my place it seems that the cost is around 9k
but one of my good friends in Mumbai says it's just 5k?
can u guys tell me if I can get 1tb for 5 grands in hyd?

virilecliffhanger

I hope and ya I know that HDD's are of same dimensions... may not be the thickness...
so y can't I purchase a 1TB internal and a external case and use it ? Will that be great?
pros? cons? help me out

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. but don't go for cheap 400 rupee external cases as they don't provide stable power and results in HDD crashes.

look for Antec or coolermaster cases but then again it would cost the same as external seagate/WD HDDs.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Externel 3.5 inch :

WD 1TB My Book Essential @ Rs.5175
WD 1TB My Book Home Edition @ Rs.6150
Seagate 1TB FreeAgent @ Rs.5225

@ desiibond - I'm using a cheap externel case from techcom with one of my old 320GB IDE HDD & it's working perfectly fine for more than 15 months :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^how is the power pin that is connected to the external HDD case. Is it round plug in like laptop charger or does it look like S-Video connector?

virilecliffhanger

Externel 3.5 inch :

WD 1TB My Book Essential @ Rs.5175
WD 1TB My Book Home Edition @ Rs.6150
Seagate 1TB FreeAgent @ Rs.5225

@ desiibond - I'm using a cheap externel case from techcom with one of my old 320GB IDE HDD & it's working perfectly fine for more than 15 months :p

thats it... where do u get such prices?
I can go for Seagate 1TB FreeAgent @ Rs.5225 right away.. but where?
And, would it cost lesser if I order it from US thru a friend?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^how is the power pin that is connected to the external HDD case. Is it round plug in like laptop charger or does it look like S-Video connector?

It's looks like s-video connector :p
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
thats it... where do u get such prices?
I can go for Seagate 1TB FreeAgent @ Rs.5225 right away.. but where?
And, would it cost lesser if I order it from US thru a friend?

I got the quotes from :
*www.theitwares.com/

Last edited:

virilecliffhanger

It's looks like s-video connector :p
Posted again:

I got the quotes from :
*www.theitwares.com/

Thanks cuz. looks like a great site....
btw E8400 core 2 duo is still going strong on price 8950.. :D

Krow

Crowman
^Precisely! C2D E8400 is no longer a good buy as at arnd the same price(add only Rs.600-800), one can buy Phenom II X4 920/940!

Phenom II X3 740 should also be arnd 8k which should positively kick the hell out of E8400.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^True. E8400 is no more VFM. People might say that it gives much better FPS over AMD dual cores. But if you compare X2 550 with E8400, the differnce isn't much but X2 550 is 4k cheaper and if you put that 4k into GPU budget, you will get much much better GPU, which takes gaming to next level.

virilecliffhanger

^^True. E8400 is no more VFM. People might say that it gives much better FPS over AMD dual cores. But if you compare X2 550 with E8400, the differnce isn't much but X2 550 is 4k cheaper and if you put that 4k into GPU budget, you will get much much better GPU, which takes gaming to next level.
Are you guys serious? btw i was talking about price going strong .. not whether we should get it ;)
I don't know I feet lotta aversion towards amd... diskliked it right from my 2800+

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^yes. Am dead serious. any specifi reason why you disliked? Earlier versions of P3 and entire lineup of P4s were disasters. Especially P4s. they used to generate lot of heat, not good at multitasking and were beaten fair and square by Athlons. But then they came back with core2duo's and core2quads.

Now atleast AMD has answer to core2duos with Athlon II and Phenom II which cost lot less but match their competition and easily beat competition that is at same price.

bs25

Right off the assembly line
would u provide rates 4 following graphic cards ...
xfx geforce 9600gso
xfx geforce 9600gt
palit geforce 9600gt
zotac geforcegt eco
am planning to buy one... also if u could recommend one...?

Top Bottom