Latest Hardware Prices & Quotes..!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Where did you got it from?:shock:
Earlier B.Es didn't ship with coolers, I clearly remember seeing one when I was buying my PC,

BTW for guys asking, Intel C2D coolers are half the height of C2Q coolers, make sense right?? Also the coolers are good, you can go 4.0GHz on E8400 with stock easily.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ are you running your proc @ 4Ghz with stcok HSF ? Just curious.

Also are e5xxx & e8xxx series comes with same HSF ?

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ are you running your proc @ 4Ghz with stcok HSF ? Just curious.

Also are e5xxx & e8xxx series comes with same HSF ?
I run my PC for average 12-18hrs a day with a CRT, so oc'ing is not a good option, specially due to power bills, but I went to 3.6GHz(400*9) @ 1.2250v :-D with stock HSF with stock thermal pad applied, ran stable for a week, then I underclocked it to normal and enabled speedstep to save power :sad:, I reckon that with a good thermal compound(I couldn't find one in kolkata, the only ones available are Intel cooling paste from the last century:-D, and some chinese stuff that already hardened in the tube:-?) anyone can go to 3.8-4.0 with stock HSF.

BTW no idea about E5xxx HSF, but i can vouch that the intel thermal pad that comes with stock HSF is plain crap.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
3.6Ghz with stock hsf @ 1.225V is excellent buddy. BTW what temp you got when you OCed to 3.6Ghz @ idle & load. Also what temp you are getting now @ idle & load. Please measure it with realtemp & post.

I'm running my e5200 @ 2.7Ghz with 1.125V & it's temp is idle 42C & After some heavy gaming ( for 2 hours ) it reaches upto 58-60C. It's within safe limit, isn't it ?

tkin

Back to school!!
3.6Ghz with stock hsf @ 1.225V is excellent buddy. BTW what temp you got when you OCed to 3.6Ghz @ idle & load. Also what temp you are getting now @ idle & load. Please measure it with realtemp & post.

I'm running my e5200 @ 2.7Ghz with 1.125V & it's temp is idle 42C & After some heavy gaming ( for 2 hours ) it reaches upto 58-60C. It's within safe limit, isn't it ?
Right now, with speedstep enabled my proccy idles @ 40c depending on ambient which is about 35c, when gaming(Crysis maxed out) it goes to 63c, waiting for a good thermal compound.

I don't actually remember the temps I got when I OCed, probably idled @ 43c(ambient was less then, OCed in winter).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ j1n M@tt - thanks for your suggestion
@ tkin - thanks for the info.

BTW, I'm using same cabinet as tkin is using :p

apacheman

Journeyman
I'd like to assemble a budget pc for my family who stays in hyderabad. i'm currently outside india so i need some help regarding the prices. i've checked some online prices on websites like theitwares.com, but they seem to be far from the actual market prices in hyderabad. My decided config so far is as follows;
AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750+
Biostar A780G M2+ SE
Transcend 2GB 800Mhz
Seagate 160GB SATA
Samsung DVD Writer
The config is a bit constrained because i'd like to be it under a specific budget, around 12k-13k max. including the case.
Can anyone staying in hyderabad help me out with the latest prices please? there's a big computer market in secunderabad named CTC, Parklane. That's a haven for all the geeks and u can get the cheapest actual prices there.
Thanx a lot...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, the prices is a bit high now but what easytern logica told you is seems al right.
BTW, Try M.D. Computers & see if you can get the ram for a little cheaper :p

mvijay

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,

I like to start a new thread about my doubts, but as newbie i dont have permissions for this yet.

(but when will the new members have permissions to start a thread of their of own?)
(i couldn't find the details about this in forum FAQ section.)

please tell me the availability and the price of GA-EP45-UD3L in chennai.

Replies much appreciated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom