Padawan
EVGA 9800GTX+ Superclocked(512-P3-N874-AR) at 15,080/-(incl. of all taxes :D:D

Specs:-
GPU-778MHz
Shaders-128 Unified, each at 1890MHz
Memory-512MB GDDR3 at 2246MHz(0.8ns) with 256bit BUS
Memory Bandwidth-71.8GB/S
PhysX,CUDA,Tri-SLI,OpenGL-2.1 support,DX-10

Price Courtsy-Tirupati Enterprises(Kolkata)

any review for this card ....??? i wonder how this card fare in front of HD4870 ...out of personal curiosity ....

still everywhere on internet its supposed to be competition of HD4850 only ... i wonder how this compete with a overclocked model of HD4850 ....

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
any review for this card ....??? i wonder how this card fare in front of HD4870 ...out of personal curiosity ....

still everywhere on internet its supposed to be competition of HD4850 only ... i wonder how this compete with a overclocked model of HD4850 ....
The EVGA - SC,SSC,Akimbo etc overclocked models launch sometime after the initial product launch.So no solid reviews here.It just launched.

But since the 9800GTX+ was a good competitor to the HD4850, this Overclocked version should do good.

Usually EVGA SC models outperforms the Standards, so just have to wait and see.

imgame2

Padawan
The EVGA - SC,SSC,Akimbo etc overclocked models launch sometime after the initial product launch.So no solid reviews here.It just launched.

But since the 9800GTX+ was a good competitor to the HD4850, this Overclocked version should do good.

Usually EVGA SC models outperforms the Standards, so just have to wait and see.

i know that but i wanted to know since its a overclocked model how will it perform when compared to overclocked model of HD4850 ...thats all

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
hey both imgame2 and tkin,
9800gtx+ sc is a good card,if we go by the evga tradition of producing sc,ko and akimbo editions!
jus google it!!!

tkin

Back to school!!
hey both imgame2 and tkin,
9800gtx+ sc is a good card,if we go by the evga tradition of producing sc,ko and akimbo editions!
jus google it!!!
Yeah, I saw that with other models, beat even XFX Black editions hands down at a little less price.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Yeah, I saw that with other models, beat even XFX Black editions hands down at a little less price.

agreed!
but arent u paying a bit too much for yesterdays technology bro?
u cud get a GTX260 for a few bucks more,or even a hd4870 maybe?

tkin

Back to school!!
agreed!
but arent u paying a bit too much for yesterdays technology bro?
u cud get a GTX260 for a few bucks more,or even a hd4870 maybe?
The GTX260 (XFX,EVGA--NO ZOTAC:mad:) is at 25k in India. A hefty 10k increase.

The 9800GTX/GTX+ is one of the most selling nVidia Cards around the world.
(The most selling of all is probably HD4850), so will go for it.

I used ATI(X1900XTX) till now, just wan't to see how's nVidia these days:D

Also seen PhysX in some games like UT3 and looks enticing.:p

My budget is as stretched as possible, even the 2.5 k for HD4870 is very hard to shell out.:(

BTW,Does Anyone know the price and availability of the ASUS P1 PhysX Card in India?

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
The GTX260 (XFX,EVGA--NO ZOTAC) is at 25k in India. A hefty 10k increase.

even a zotac gtx260 will leave this card to dust!

The 9800GTX/GTX+ is one of the most selling nVidia Cards around the world.
(The most selling of all is probably HD4850), so will go for it.
where did u get that from ??

9800gtx was not sold much cos 8800 gt was already going great at that time and 9800gtx was about $100 more... 9800gtx+ was launched to hush up the HD4850 ...and HD4850 just swept the market away ...hardly anybody bought the 9800gtx+ ...and due to threat from HD4870... gtx260 prices were cut down ....so it was as cheap as HD4870 ..so in $200 region HD4850 ...sold out like a hot cake and in $300 region HD4870(against gtx260) did that ...since 9800gtx+ was and still is $20 higher placed than a HD4850 ....people went for HD4850 cos $20 means a lot of all buyers(almost everybody wants value for money)..and 9800gtx+ gave only 5-10 fps more in some games ...which only works on paper cos while playing those 5-10 FPS will hardly be felt by any gamer ....only people who wanted nvidia card went for it(nVidia fanboys and nVidia fanatics) ......just google and u will know actually how many people bought it ....or better go to tomshardware/anandtech or guru3d forum and ask them ..everyone will sugges to u shell out a little more and go for HD4870.

nvidia went into loss after a huge 6 year gap in the history of 10 years of making GFX cards ....

The net loss for the second quarter was $120.9 million, or 22 cents a share, compared with a profit of $172.7 million, or 29 cents a share, a year ago.

also

*www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aVsG6_T3trYQ&refer=us

its so bad that in share market to survive they had to put on "share buy back program" of $1 billion.....u can guess what has happened in last 2 months or so and u say ...9800gtx+ is one of the best selling card .....???whats ur basis of saying this ???had it been best selling ...condering the card lauched only two months ago ...nVidia shouldn't be facing any losses.....

nvidia shares went down 3 years low in last 2-3 months or so ...thats when ur beloved 9800gtx+ actually got lauched ....and i don't know from where u convinced urself ...9800gtx/9800gtx+ are hot sellers ...they never were and they never will be ..

*finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:NVDA

*money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/apwire/5f9aad3c92593e6e95fce2602d302b12.htm

I used ATI(X1900XTX) till now, just wan't to see how's nVidia these days
wrong time and wrong choice(9800gtx+) to see what nVidia has to offer....

Also seen PhysX in some games like UT3 and looks enticing.
PhysX is just immature,..even the physics computation algorithm incorporated in UT3 is faulty and not close to realism..it will a mainstream technology but ...not until a year and half or so ...

My budget is as stretched as possible, even the 2.5 k for HD4870 is very hard to shell out.
if u can shell out 15k and u are buying a killer system i think u can still squeeze out a HD4870 ..thats not a problem ...but the point is u want to go for nVidia

with ur 22" monitor u will be getting 100 FPS for a game with the card u are buying ..with all max setting and someone other with HD4850 will get 80~85 FPS....and while playing game anything above 60 fps ...no one will be able to recognize any difference...so whats the point ..??? they are better off spending 5.5k less than u ...

but as its ur money ..u can buy whatever u want and ...i m sure even here in the forum no one will be advocating u to for a 9800gtx+(perhaps only for Kpower),many have already told u....but ur decision is last and final ..and i hope u get happy and satisfied with what u buy .....cos ultimately thats what matters

no more on this topic from me now !!...i have said enough !!

peace out !:cool::cool:

tkin

Back to school!!
even a zotac gtx260 will leave this card to dust!

where did u get that from ??

9800gtx was not sold much cos 8800 gt was already going great at that time and 9800gtx was about $100 more... 9800gtx+ was launched to hush up the HD4850 ...and HD4850 just swept the market away ...hardly anybody bought the 9800gtx+ ...and due to threat from HD4870... gtx260 prices were cut down ....so it was as cheap as HD4870 ..so in $200 region HD4850 ...sold out like a hot cake and in $300 region HD4870(against gtx260) did that ...since 9800gtx+ was and still is $20 higher placed than a HD4850 ....people went for HD4850 cos $20 means a lot of all buyers(almost everybody wants value for money)..and 9800gtx+ gave only 5-10 fps more in some games ...which only works on paper cos while playing those 5-10 FPS will hardly be felt by any gamer ....only people who wanted nvidia card went for it(nVidia fanboys and nVidia fanatics) ......just google and u will know actually how many people bought it ....or better go to tomshardware/anandtech or guru3d forum and ask them ..everyone will sugges to u shell out a little more and go for HD4870.

nvidia went into loss after a huge 6 year gap in the history of 10 years of making GFX cards ....

also

*www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aVsG6_T3trYQ&refer=us

its so bad that in share market to survive they had to put on "share buy back program" of $1 billion.....u can guess what has happened in last 2 months or so and u say ...9800gtx+ is one of the best selling card .....???whats ur basis of saying this ???had it been best selling ...condering the card lauched only two months ago ...nVidia shouldn't be facing any losses.....

nvidia shares went down 3 years low in last 2-3 months or so ...thats when ur beloved 9800gtx+ actually got lauched ....and i don't know from where u convinced urself ...9800gtx/9800gtx+ are hot sellers ...they never were and they never will be ..

*finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:NVDA

*money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/apwire/5f9aad3c92593e6e95fce2602d302b12.htm

wrong time and wrong choice(9800gtx+) to see what nVidia has to offer....

PhysX is just immature,..even the physics computation algorithm incorporated in UT3 is faulty and not close to realism..it will a mainstream technology but ...not until a year and half or so ...

if u can shell out 15k and u are buying a killer system i think u can still squeeze out a HD4870 ..thats not a problem ...but the point is u want to go for nVidia

with ur 22" monitor u will be getting 100 FPS for a game with the card u are buying ..with all max setting and someone other with HD4850 will get 80~85 FPS....and while playing game anything above 60 fps ...no one will be able to recognize any difference...so whats the point ..??? they are better off spending 5.5k less than u ...

but as its ur money ..u can buy whatever u want and ...i m sure even here in the forum no one will be advocating u to for a 9800gtx+(perhaps only for Kpower),many have already told u....but ur decision is last and final ..and i hope u get happy and satisfied with what u buy .....cos ultimately thats what matters

no more on this topic from me now !!...i have said enough !!

peace out !:cool::cool:
PhysX is really cool and a lot more games support it than you really know.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX
*www.legitreviews.com/article/346/1/

The EVGA 9800GTX+ cards are really selling in New-Egg, same for other online shops. The card's immature but gaining some popularity these days. It's here to replace 9800GTX, since the launch was done in a hurry to take on HD4850 the card didn't have its share of spotlight. So its not that famous yet.:cool:

And believe me the Overclocked EVGA 9800GTX+ SC really delivers and has a warranty unheard of. They will RMA the card even if you put a custom heatsink in it/overclock it to the max and manage to blow it up.
They will replace as long as the PCB is intact and not "Physically" damaged. So its not just performance but customer support is also what drives me towards this card.:)

P.S-Is the ASUS P1 PhysX gaming card available in India?

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ :p
**Update** :D
Seagate 500GB (16MB) - 2850/- (Price Quotation from Cost 2 Cost)
Palit 9800GT (512MB) - 9000/- (From SMC )
MSI 8800GT (512MB) - 9400/- (From SMC)
Ok, i've heard about 8800GT. What is different in 9800GT then, ...except fabrication and process??

imgame2

Padawan
^^ :p
**Update** :D
Seagate 500GB (16MB) - 2850/- (Price Quotation from Cost 2 Cost)
Palit 9800GT (512MB) - 9000/- (From SMC )
MSI 8800GT (512MB) - 9400/- (From SMC)
Ok, i've heard about 8800GT. What is different in 9800GT then, ...except fabrication and process??

9800gt is almost same as 8800GT but is with a new fabrication process 55nm so it is more power effcient and thus better overclocker than 8800GT but at those prices its a waste to buy 9800GT or 8800GT when palit HD4850 is available @ 9.5k ....

tkin

Back to school!!
PhysX is really cool and a lot more games support it than you really know.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX
*www.legitreviews.com/article/346/1/

The EVGA 9800GTX+ cards are really selling in New-Egg, same for other online shops. The card's immature but gaining some popularity these days. It's here to replace 9800GTX, since the launch was done in a hurry to take on HD4850 the card didn't have its share of spotlight. So its not that famous yet.:cool:

And believe me the Overclocked EVGA 9800GTX+ SC really delivers and has a warranty unheard of. They will RMA the card even if you put a custom heatsink in it/overclock it to the max and manage to blow it up.
They will replace as long as the PCB is intact and not "Physically" damaged. So its not just performance but customer support is also what drives me towards this card.:)

P.S-Is the ASUS P1 PhysX gaming card available in India?
No reply yet?

Top Bottom