Latest Error That I found in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

viivaakash

Broken In
Dear Friends
I got this new problem in my PC and I need help and it's urgent

The situation is explained as below

1. My System was restarted due to unknown thing. After restart I got this error file missing "ntoskrnl.exe".

2. I copied "ntoskrnl.exe" from my friends system (both PCs are of same configuration) and pasted it into C:\Windows\System32\
I did this in safe mode.

3. After restart, now the situation is worse. My system just freezes while loading the Black Screen with XP logo boot screen.

4. If I try to start in Safe mode then at login page when I enter the password I get this message

" The System cannot log you on due to following error:

The program issued a command but the command length is incorrect.

Please try again or consult your Administrator"

And after that the system comes back in login screen.

Please help me anyone.

I have some imp docs in my C: drive so I can't format it.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am suspecting an impending hard disk failure. Plug a a pen drive or external hard disk to your system and boot from a linux live cd (Ubuntu or Knoppix or any other, NimbleX too will do), and back up your files.

sauravktr

Journeyman
Boot with XP cd ...& repair ur XP installation...rest will be fine....
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
I am suspecting an impending hard disk failure. Plug a a pen drive or external hard disk to your system and boot from a linux live cd (Ubuntu or Knoppix or any other, NimbleX too will do), and back up your files.

It could be a hard disk failure as I also faced almost same type of problem once with my XP installation. Please try to boot into with boot logging enabled and later check the boot log for the errors.

Press F8 during the boot after the POST screen and from the menu select boot logging and continue. ;)

redhat

Mad and Furious
u should not have copied a system file from another computer.
U must use some live CD to make a backup n then format...
If u were able to log into safe mode, other options were open...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom