laptops choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.

adit_sen

In the zone
thx for all ur advice. i guess the aspire 3002 will be a gud buy. but of late i luked at plenty of ads in mags bout laptops for lesser known companies. for eg, twice digitale, which is offering a laptop with pretty decent specs for 28000. also, another company, millenium systems is offering something for 35k. the specs are also quite gud, and it comes with wi-fi (somethin im lukin for), cuz the acer aspire 3002 does not offer wi-fi. wat i wanna kno is if its worth it to go for these brands, cuz i asked around, and not many ppl are sure bout the quality and reliability.
also, these two companies are in b'lore and delhi, and since im in cal, i really cant check out the laptops personally...so wat shud i do?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Well you are in the same situation which i was in two months ago. Had decided to buy a high end laptop and then not upgrade for a few years or a descent VFM laptop to allow general computing. After looking thru all the entry level laptops, i finally decided to buy the Aspire 3002 for 33k with 1 yr warranty and Acer Carry Case. Find the review of it here

Also, Since you are not on a flexible budget i cant say anything. If you could extend ur budget to 49k or so you could have got a descent 64bit laptop, 15.4 " Widescreen XGA, DVD RW, and other things in the Aspire 5002 which is truly VFM . And is suitable for anything excent gaming and video encoding for normal users.

One word of caution before buying the Aspire 3002 is that make sure you get your hands on a brand new piece. Dont even listen even if its told by the dealer that only XP is installed or so. When i brought it myself two months back, i just found one piece perfect from the 4 i saw there. Not to mention I took the same with me. And one more thing get the piece which has the linpus linux loaded, anything else other than linpud would only point thats its a used piece. Many of these entry level laptops are kepr in malls for potential buyers to check. So always have to be careful with them. Battery is a downer in the 3002 coz it only does a lil than a hour on them. But a VFM laptop. Go on with this decision if you feel the same.

super_i_man

Broken In
for 36000 u can go for a compaq, and ask the dealer more about some other HP ones, the rates have come down. the compaq one i am talking about is celeron with Mandrake linux.

for Acer u have to ask for a sealed box, dont take anyting else as mentioned in above posts.

OP
adit_sen

adit_sen

In the zone
i checked out the compaq laptops. one one decent one wuz there for under 35k...(think it wuz 2002AL). specs were gud, but the processor speed wuz a bit slow compared to the aspire 3002. but im not really that fanciful of compaq, cuz my dad has a compaq laptop and he says he wudnt recommend it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom