Laptop under 85k

rahulrana681

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
Around 85000 rupees.

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Netbook; 11" - 10” screen or less
Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

I would prefer 14.1" the most and then 13.3". Nothing else.

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Sony
b. Dislike: Lenovo

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Light gaming, HD videos playback and heavy internet surfing.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
1600*900 or full HD. Glossy or matte I cannot say, whichever is better.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)

The RAM should be of 1600 MT/s, HDD with 7200 rpm. Design, looks and build of the laptop matter very much, I don't want any cheap plastic. Secondly I feel 3rd gen i5 processors should be more than enough for me but then I think if I get i7 then its much better as it will not get outdated very soon.

Currently I own a vaio which is older than 5 yrs and is working fine without any trips to service center that is why I have a special place for sony products in my heart.

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making
Why not check out alienware 14" fit into your budget perfectly along with all your requirements.

$hadow

Geek in making
@OP : Do u need an ultrabook ??

He mentioned light gaming.... so I think he needs an ultrabook with a GPU

But brother he didn't mentioned about an ultrabook and secondly he needs 7200 rpm hard disc and thirdly he is spending too much if he is going for ultrabook so I suggested him something which is of 14" as per his requirement.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think sony S15 or S13 series laptop fits there perfectly

SVS15116GN : S Series : VAIO™ Laptop & Computer : Sony India

It have good configuration and looks sleek and stylish

OP
R

rahulrana681

Broken In
Brother I am not rejecting them its just that they are not what I want. Games that I ever played or going to play is CS 1.6, IGI 2 etc which don't need any Alienware. And regarding Sammy and Dell both are of bigger sizes. And I clearly mentioned what I require. Still I am very thankful to you for your kind help. :)

pratheeshps

Journeyman
I think that you don't have to stretch the budget that long to 85k for your laptop.Dell Inspiron 15R turbo is an excellent choice for you.2 things you may be not happy with that model.

1. 15.6 inch model

2. HDD is 5400 rpm

The price is around 54k

You should opt 3r Gen. i5[Ivybridge] laptops instead of i7.i7 should be an overkill for your use,& it drains battery quickly.

OP
R

rahulrana681

Broken In
I think that you don't have to stretch the budget that long to 85k for your laptop.Dell Inspiron 15R turbo is an excellent choice for you.2 things you may be not happy with that model.

1. 15.6 inch model

2. HDD is 5400 rpm

The price is around 54k

You should opt 3r Gen. i5[Ivybridge] laptops instead of i7.i7 should be an overkill for your use,& it drains battery quickly.

I am being paid 50k by my company so I thought better to add my money too so that I get a Laptop which doesn't get outdated very soon.

Top Bottom