Laptop to TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi all,

Previously I had a HCL laptop which had a VGA connector. I have a Sony WEGA flat panel TV which has the RCA connectors. So, I bought a VGA to RCA cable and tried to connect. What I got was my desktop replicated 3 times on my TV. Completely distorted too. I tried all combination of resolution and still no change.

A week ago, bought a Acer 5738z laptop which has a HDMI port in it. But curious to connect my VGA to RCA cable and voila, once connected, the screen resolution on laptop changes automatically and the same type of 3 screen distorted display is given on the TV. This laptop has the TV wizard, but doesnt detect my TV as a source. I tried selecting the source of cable manually but never moves further.

I have changed the cable too, but stil the same. What am I doing wrong? If this works, then I can purchase a HDMI to RCA and check it out. But first I need a solution for this VGA to RCA.

Can some one guide me???

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hey dude...
What i think is 1.that These TVs aint meant to be connected to a Laptop..U shud try it with a LCD/Plasma
2. Or that u shud go to Display Properties And when connect to the TV go to settings and adjust TV screen placement and size.
3. Ur laptop has some problem (ITS RCA PORT)

Most likely its 2. :)
Im a noob..cant help much..U need expert advise.

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Thnx for the attempt. It is possible for a CRT or Flat panel to get the input from a Laptop. Many of my frnds succeeded in it.
My laptop has a VGA. TV has RCA. So, got a VGA to RCA cable and tried.

Anyways, my lappy has a HDMI port too, gonna buy a cable and try it out.

rsk11584

Journeyman
Check this thread using this thread I succesfully connected my laptop to TV, you can read the numerous comments of members and find your case also.

*www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-connect-your-laptoppccomputer-to-your-tv/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom