Laptop Temps.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I found this after playing Infinite Crysis for 1 hour today:

*i62.tinypic.com/dfyu7m.png

Should I:
a)Repaste GPU 1+CPU with Arctic Silver V.
b)Make Real Homemade Laptop cooler 3.0.
c)Try to decrease ambient temps using AC.
d)None of these.

- - - Updated - - -

OK. I just did a "Kirtan" test.
Prime95+Heaven.

*i59.tinypic.com/5bpond.png

- - - Updated - - -

^This was with AC ON. :(

Hrishi

way too high temps ...specially for idles. in your first pic , your CPU reached 90+C temp just like that and the power drawn was like less than 20w!
even your gpu temps are too high...

an ideal temp range should be 80-90C for IVB QM chips.....and 80-85C for nVIDIA Kepler cards......GT650m.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
way too high temps ...specially for idles. in your first pic , your CPU reached 90+C temp just like that and the power drawn was like less than 20w!
even your gpu temps are too high...

an ideal temp range should be 80-90C for IVB QM chips.....and 80-85C for nVIDIA Kepler cards......GT650m.

Answer the MCQs.

Adrx

Broken In
A and B (Buy any cooler from market). Also try to clean your laptop fan and undervolt your cpu if its possible.

Last edited:

Hrishi

1. Yes , but before you do so , perform a stress test on GPUs , and monitor the load on both the GPUs ( average load.) . See if the 2nd GPU is also getting heated when it gets stressed.

Clean your laptop vents , fans and everything possible. Dust particles cause lots of problems when it comes to system cooling.

If that doesn't help then make a laptop cooler , ( I don't know what is this "Make Real Homemade Laptop cooler 3.0." . But any laptop cooler which provides ample air to the intake vents should suffice. If possible use Desktop fans which run at 12v or higher. They'll create lots of noise , so choose a silent one. )

- - - Updated - - -

A would be a better option. Also try to clean your laptop fan and undervolt your cpu if its possible.

I don't think its easy to undervolt 363xQm series CPUs. I have never come across a successful undervolt procedure for 3rd GEN Mobile IVB.
Underclocking yeah , bt undervolting no.

$hadow

Geek in making
1st pic shows a high temperature in idle scenario mine and is the first pic is also with AC on?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I think I did an extremely lousy job of applying Arctic Silver V.

*i59.tinypic.com/5ahs36.png

Tearing down the laptop once was enough pain. :(

Hrishi

like the person above me said , check with multiple softwares and also check for the speed at which your laptop's fan is operating.

Top Bottom