laptop suggestion 50k

gulati.ishank

Broken In
1) What is your budget?
<50k
2) What size notebook would you prefer?
15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Any brand but it should have a good customer support.

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Gaming, Movies

5) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both
6) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Mainly RPGs like mass effect,skyrim and fps shooters like COD,Crysis.
7) How many hours of battery life do you need?
atleast 3hrs
8) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Yes
9) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Any OS
though Win7 would be nice.

10) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
>720p

I think most popular laptops in this range are Sony CB35 , Asus k53sv series and HP DV6 series so which would be best (really like looks of CB35 though)

One more thing.
Would Asus K53SV-SX521D will be any major upgrade to Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D for my requirements as it is 10k costlier as major diference b/w these two is of processor and ram.

aroraanant

Explorer
CB35 will cost you above 50k and it is discontinued by the company and is not available in market these days, its very hard to find one now.But this one has the best display.
Asus k53SV is great laptop but have heard a lot that the display quality is not good.But the build quality is very good.And it doesn't gets heat up even after many hours of gaming.
About HP, have heard a lot that it has heating issues.But now some people say that the issue has been resolved.But I still doubt

OP
gulati.ishank

gulati.ishank

Broken In
CB35 will cost you above 50k and it is discontinued by the company and is not available in market these days, its very hard to find one now.But this one has the best display.
Asus k53SV is great laptop but have heard a lot that the display quality is not good.But the build quality is very good.And it doesn't gets heat up even after many hours of gaming.
About HP, have heard a lot that it has heating issues.But now some people say that the issue has been resolved.But I still doubt

Can you tell me which will be a better b/w both asus models i mentioned above. Asus K53SV-SX521D has i7 processor and other one has i5. Is it worth to spend 10k more for processor.

HP Dv6-6121tx at Rs.57000 is a good laptop.Radeon HD 6770M is a very good GPU that will help in gaming.
But i want a laptop below 50k.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Is it worth to spend 10k more for processor.

No, its not really advisable to spend 10k more just for that slight improvement from an i5 to an i7.

Regarding which is the better of the two models: It all comes down to how much you are willing to compromise. Every purchase is a compromise between price and performance. The i7 will be faster, but not by much. And also slightly hotter and slightly less battery life too.. Are you willing to pay a premium of 10k for it? That depends on your view. :)

kbar1

Journeyman
i5 or i7 also depends on how long you plan to use your laptop. If you're going to buy a new one after, say, one or two years, then i7 is money down the drain. But if you plan to use it till it dies, then i7 is better.

Also, do you need the processing power of i7? For your stated usage pattern (gaming and movies), it won't help much. Gaming: the GPU is more important. Movies: hell, even a core i3 with integrated graphics can play HD movies.

OP
gulati.ishank

gulati.ishank

Broken In
i5 or i7 also depends on how long you plan to use your laptop. If you're going to buy a new one after, say, one or two years, then i7 is money down the drain. But if you plan to use it till it dies, then i7 is better.

Also, do you need the processing power of i7? For your stated usage pattern (gaming and movies), it won't help much. Gaming: the GPU is more important. Movies: hell, even a core i3 with integrated graphics can play HD movies.

I will use it for atleast 4 years.
Please tell me more about the advantages of i7 over i5.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
I will use it for atleast 4 years.
Please tell me more about the advantages of i7 over i5.

if budget is not a issue then you can go for these laptops

HP ProBook 4431s Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

HP Envy 15-3017Tx Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

best hardware avaible in the market right now

aroraanant

Explorer
As pranav has already told you that if you go with the i7 processor, it will release more heat and also the battery back up will be less than the i5 processor based laptop.
And if you don't want a new laptop 4 years down the line then I think you should go with i7, but i5 will also serve all your purposes and its not a bad idea to pick i5 as the price difference is huge.

So its better save your money and pick the Asus laptop with i5,it will cost you around 37k in local market.
The i7 version costs 45k in local market, one of the guy on TDF has recently bought it at that price

OP
gulati.ishank

gulati.ishank

Broken In
As pranav has already told you that if you go with the i7 processor, it will release more heat and also the battery back up will be less than the i5 processor based laptop.
And if you don't want a new laptop 4 years down the line then I think you should go with i7, but i5 will also serve all your purposes and its not a bad idea to pick i5 as the price difference is huge.

So its better save your money and pick the Asus laptop with i5,it will cost you around 37k in local market.
The i7 version costs 45k in local market, one of the guy on TDF has recently bought it at that price

Thanks everybody for your suggestions,i think i will go for i5 version and please tell me from where he bought that laptop or recommend any other shop in new delhi from where i can get a nice deal.

Can anybody also suggest a nice cooling pad upto 2k.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
You don't need a cooler pad for the Asus laptop.Its build quality is very good and proper heating sinking is there, so it is not required atleast now....you can buy it anytime later on.

Top Bottom