Laptop query

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st all guys i have got my new system p43.2ghz 2MB lga775.MSI 955 MB.1GB DDR2 533MHz ram.ATI X800.17inch Samsung LCD monitor.160GB Sata.Sony DVD-rw,DVD-ROM.Artis 5.1 speakers.
so let me come to point i will be buying a new laptop with in 2-3 days my budget is 65thousand at max so please tell the best i can get and will be playing games not very high end like Doom3 and all but still nfs ug2,may be medal of honour atleast in low to mid setting i know high wont be possible.please please tell me as soon as possible.what u people have to say about Acer4601nwlmi?specification-centrino 1.6ghz 2mb,533mhzfsb.915pmchipset.wireless lan.ati x700 64mb.8xdvd doub;e layer.256mb ddr2 533.giga lan.bluetooth.so how about this acer laptop?and if i want can i put one more 256 ddr2 ram in the laptop?wat is wireless lan and giga lan?
thanks in advance...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
congo for ur nu rig.howz ur nu rig performin,specially ur x800?is it powercolor?well i dun hav much idea bout lappy but i suggest u to go for that acer.as it will fulfill ur needs and its very much inside ur budget.i guess 512 ram wud hav been betta but u lose sum gain sum u r gettin gud stuff x700 gpu,bluetooth latest 915p mobo,centrino 1.6 2mb L2 cache 533MHZ fsb.its very much value for money.but wen name acer come then der is a BIG question mark else u can also check HP,Compaq.wat bout the HDD and Screen???

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think the acer lappy u r getting is the best u can get in your budget .. and it will perform very decently in games. try upgrading the ram to 512mb. that will make it a mini monster.

wireless lan lets u connect to other computers/networks wirelessly . it is based on either the 802.11 b or 802.11 g standards. i dont have much idea here but its good if ur lappy has it.

gigabit lan is the normal wired lan faster than 10/100 mbps. u can use this to connect adsl modems or other computers etc. it connects using the rj45 socket i guess.

guyz do correct me if i am wrong as i am not really sure here.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Quality = IBM/Lenovo, HP (Business class), Fujitsu, ASUS
Value for Money = Acer, Compaq, Dell
Unjustifiably overpriced = Toshiba, SONY

You must decide whether you want a laptop for gaming or for mobility.
Laptop for games doesn't make sense to me. You don't buy a Mini for
racing, right?

Be smart. Get a ThinkPad.

- Yamaraj

OP
D

diabolic_saint

Broken In
LAPTOP- Acer has 15.4WXGA Screen display,60GB HDD.
Desktop- i have MSI RX800XL-VT2D256E.it is really very good.my friend bought a AMD machine same day i bought and trust me friends mine is giving far btter performance then his.he has AMD 3000+ with 939pin,Asus A8NE motherb,leadtek 6600gt.samsung SATA2.1GB Transcend 400mhz DDR RAM.and know what i am getting more fps then him infact much more then his,he is also not able to understand what is the matter he told me b4 we bought our system that mine will be better while in multitasking and his for gaming but haha maine was better even in gaming.i really dont understand why everyone here is against intel its so good i am able to play farcry at max without any hikups no problem what so ever i played doom3 in max for 3hours continuesly and my cpu didnt go more then 45 celsius from where this heating issue came from?6600gt is hopeless, Terrible heat issues,poor performance,anti-aliasing slowls it down more then you might expect,the GPU core temparature rises very quickly while playing games.and mine is working fine i think thisi s the best card i would have gone for.i asked my friend to join the forum and he said he will as he saw the forum and decided to by the amd and so he want to join and tell u people and know why is this so dat my intel is better then his AMD.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
the reason ur rig is performing better than ur frnds in gaming is due to the fact that u have a much better GPU and nothing else.. X800XL is comparable to the 6800GT and not 6600gt buddy. this is why u r getting more fps' in gaming.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
I think u should go for either Dell or IBM laptops ...they are of high quality and gives lots of features.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Diabolic_saint: I think u have posted in wrong section. There is section called "Mobile Monsters". Specially there is sticky there where u can get loads of info on lappies. And u can expect more effective responses there.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22082

Mods can shift this thread to MM section.

merawalaid

Broken In
Hi diabolic_saint ,
i am planning to buy Acer 4601 too (next month), according to me it seems to be the best value for money laptop avilable right now in India .

if u already bought Acer 4601 then plz tell me the final price u got it for.
And plz,plz post a short review/ ur experinace with it in the hardware review section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom