laptop i7 processor

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
I have searched for many laptops of 2nd gen i7 laptops. But all i got were 2670QM or less. Intel 2670QM is only 2.20 ghz. I want a really fast laptop. Is any processor available higher than this for laptops under 100k. If yes suggest so me good ones......

------------------
Thx in advance :razz::razz:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Your requirements are not very clear. fill this up
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/138089-questionnaire-laptop-netbook-purchase-queries.html

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
General Questions

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size notebook would you prefer? a. Netbook; 10” screen or less b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen
D or E

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).
India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? a. Like: b. Dislike:
B samsung

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Adobe photoshop, video editing, android and windows development and games.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Prototype, cs 1.6, nfs speed, battlefield 3 etc...

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
2-3

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Ok online

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows with virtualizing mac.

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
Want it to be good because playing games and connecting to a tv.

Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to

I DONT WANT A GAMING LAPTOP!!! Want the best i7 processor not extreme edition.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Because its only 2.20 ghz which reduces the speed of virtualization...

Point in case: My laptop has a 2.4Ghz i5, 4gigs of RAM, that i run at 80% power and i run AOE 2 inside an XP virtual machine without any lag whatsoever. Agreed that AOE is hardly a taxing game, but still...

And secondly all the high end laptops i see are with ordinary to medium graphics cards, hardly the ones I'd recommend for gaming with an external(high res) monitor attached.

As for options, what do you think of the XPS range with all the bells and whistles ( HD screen, extra battery, 3 yr completecover and stuff) ?

And check out the Dell Precision workstations as earlier.

Niilesh

Padawan
I think virtualization has multi-core support.Also there is turbo boost.

BTW buying a 100K laptop just for high-end processor dosn't sound good.
Get a 100K Desktop( I think without GPU i7 3930k would be possible)
Or get 65K desktop + 35 K laptop

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
I saw a Asus laptop i7 really cheap.
K43SA-VX041D / 2nd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook.

How is this possible.

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes its a great laptop.
And why do you think its not possible.
You can buy it,it fulfill all your requirements

Niilesh

Padawan
I saw a Asus laptop i7 really cheap.
K43SA-VX041D / 2nd Generation Core i7 / 8 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook.

How is this possible.

Yes, It is a great laptop but still has "only Intel 2670QM". why do you think this is not possible?

BTW why do you need a laptop?

also i know a laptop which has i7 2677M(2.6 GHz)
ASUS Zenbook UX31E - Price:100K
It is an ultrabook
certainly this is not the best value for money but just wanted to say that there are options

Top Bottom