Laptop HDD changing, is it DIY job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi, i wanna change my sony vaio laptop's harddisk as its hdd got crashed.. Can it be done myself? Or better to give to service centres? They take hell of time to get it repaired , thats why i'm thinking of doing it myself.. I had pretty good knowledge about desktop but never disassembled a lappy. . . What you guys say.. Should i go ahead or. . . :)

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, it's very simple. All you need is a Philips screwdriver. Some of the expensive Sony VAIOs are slightly tough when it comes to replacing HDDs due to weird placement. Just google for it or post some pics here in the forum:)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes it can be done, just look for some maintanience manual for you laptop on the manufacturers site. It will give you more info as to how to do it. You will get the full details about the placement and method of replacing the hdd.
BTW, which lappy do you have (model)?

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

Yes it can be done, just look for some maintanience manual for you laptop on the manufacturers site. It will give you more info as to how to do it. You will get the full details about the placement and method of replacing the hdd.
BTW, which lappy do you have (model)?

my model is PCG-Z1X, bought it from dubai

gopz

In the zone
Which series? I can help you if its a SZ series...quite complicated but can be done yourself.

And btw, changing the HDD will void all warranties on your laptop. Hope you are aware of it.

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

No warranty guys, its my bro's lappy , he purchased it some 4-5years back, no brands other than HP n TOSHIBA gives international warranty.. My Model number is PCG - Z1X , don't know which series.. Bought it from Jumbo electronics, Dubai..

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

I have done it guys,atlast, it was easy, but the sony models r weird i should say, i have to unscrew all the 13 screws at the bottom, then took the keyboard out then one screw at the middle and then four screws to pull out the harddisk ! ! ! . .

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Hi, i wanna change my sony vaio laptop's harddisk as its hdd got crashed.. Can it be done myself? Or better to give to service centres? They take hell of time to get it repaired , thats why i'm thinking of doing it myself.. I had pretty good knowledge about desktop but never disassembled a lappy. . . What you guys say.. Should i go ahead or. . . :)

Yes, u can DIY.
Purchase PC World April issue & they have showed the way to replace HDD & RAM. There r other DIY projects also, awesome issue according to me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom