Laptop graphix update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashbang

I have a dell XPS 1530 with 8600 m gt 256 mb card. I wish update its driver to run new games. I use the provided drivers. Please provide a link to fuss free download for new drivers.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
you meant that nvidia doesn't provide graphics driver for thier chipset from their official website? :eek:

are u sure they don't provide? :confused:

nVidia surely provides drivers for their graphic chips and they are indeed available from your mentioned site. But laptopvideo2go.com offers customized GeForce drivers that helps to run mobile chips smooth and sometimes they help to churn out performance increase. :cool:

arijit_2404

still find time for games
ok. actually poster wrote ".. won't find ur drivers there.." - thats why I asked.
I don't trust any 3rd-party drivers.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Nope, nVidia does not provide laptop gfx card driver in their official site. And it's not 3rd party driver. It's same nVidia driver with a modified inf which enables laptop cheapsets. nVidia use same driver for each series (9, 8, 7...)

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Nope, nVidia does not provide laptop gfx card driver in their official site. And it's not 3rd party driver. It's same nVidia driver with a modified inf which enables laptop cheapsets. nVidia use same driver for each series (9, 8, 7...)

I didn't know this. :eek::eek:
how @sshole they are. thank god, i don't own nvidia chipset based lappy.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Basically it's driver modding AFAIK

So, normal drivers dun work

Once modded using a software, the normal installation process can be undertaken

OP
Flashbang

Flashbang

I need some help , what do i fill in the PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_ area and how do i find it ???

Also can i use the asus graphics card driver for the same graphics card on laptopvideo2go.com on my dell lappy without any issues ???

amitava82

MMO Addict
Read this to get started. From laptopvideo2go.com site, select latest driver based on your OS from right panel.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Nope, nVidia does not provide laptop gfx card driver in their official site.

I am afraid that it's not correct at all, one can easily find official drivers for GeForce Go/M cards from nVidia Driver Download page. Although GeForce 9M series drivers are still not there.

amitava82

MMO Addict
They may have listed there but you won't be able to install it.

NVIDIA is NOT allowed to directly distribute drivers for the vast majority of Notebook and Laptop computers.
Currently, the only way to get updates for most NVIDIA laptop or notebook graphics cards is though the notebook provider.
Source

Pretty lame.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
They may have listed there but you won't be able to install it. Pretty lame.

If that's true then it is quite lame and clumsy. :mad: I think nVidia do provide some kind of backends or APIs to laptop vendors so that they can make their drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom