laptop graphics driver issue! urgent help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anky

Youngling
Hi Guys,
I am using HP G6-2005AX, with AMD A8 apu.
from some days my display driver was crashing frequently and sometimes even hard disk used to crash. Today, when it crashed, display went off!
I uninstalled the display drivers from device manager. (the mistake i did)
After that i have tried reinstalling the latest driver many times from amd website. even reinstalled windows (windows 7 64 bit).
I am installing correct version of the drivers for my gpu but still its not getting installed.
yellow sign is still there as it can be seen in the screenshot.

Please help guys, i am even unable to play videos properly.

device manager scrnshot.PNG

Last edited:
OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Troubleshoot it with windows update

after i formatted and reinstalled windows. windows update has never been run. trying since yesterday, it keeps checking for updates but never returns with results, i left it for an hr also, it kept checking for updates only and via troubleshooting its searching to install drivers via windows update only.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Goto Devices and Printer in Control Panel.
Right click on your PC name, and troubleshoot.
Post the details with screenshots here.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Install the driver from HP website. Not only Display driver but all drivers.
i have done that..installed all the available drivers from hp website..including the graphics one. installed chipset drivers from amd website's

- - - Updated - - -

can this be due to pci drivers not being installed correctly? can someone please give help me in finding the correct pci drivers for my model. m not able to find it.

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Apply this fix and post the screenshots thereafter.

its searching for the drivers from windows update since very long time (windows update on other hands is taking forever to search for the updates).
after some time it is showing this
error.PNG

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
Turn widows update off and apply the fix.
it was still searching from windows update. i skipped it and then it searched for a while after which it gave error for unknown device problem. i again did 'apply tthis fix' and it searched again for unknon device driveers but to no avail

got this at the last
err2.PNG

err3.PNG

saswat23

Human Spambot
View attachment 16288
okay..will update when i get back home.
i don't want to go to service center for this...
:(
View attachment 16287
here are more details

- - - Updated - - -

Please see this

I thought it must be showing some error report, instead its taking you to properties page.
Fine, just uninstall HD 7640G drivers. Restart your PC. Make sure its completely removed, else use a tool like IOBit uninstaller to remove the drivers completely.

Radeon 7600 series: AMD HD7600 Drivers
Download both the versions listed. Try one, if it doesn't work, then uninstall completely using IOBit Unisntaller. Then restart your PC and install the other.
Hope this would solve your issue!

OP
anky

anky

Youngling
I thought it must be showing some error report, instead its taking you to properties page.
Fine, just uninstall HD 7640G drivers. Restart your PC. Make sure its completely removed, else use a tool like IOBit uninstaller to remove the drivers completely.

Radeon 7600 series: AMD HD7600 Drivers
Download both the versions listed. Try one, if it doesn't work, then uninstall completely using IOBit Unisntaller. Then restart your PC and install the other.
Hope this would solve your issue!
thanks, i will try this today. shud i uninstall from safe mode? or normal mode?

saswat23

Human Spambot
thanks, i will try this today. shud i uninstall from safe mode? or normal mode?

In normal, but remove the drivers completely using IOBit uninstaller.
Click on the IOBit uninstaller link, your download should start automatically.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[STRIKE]Hibernate option enables when you install the chipset driver, that is what i noticed in my system long back. check that too once again.[/STRIKE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom