Laptop for studies & Gaming

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Ans : 50-60 K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Ans : Games like BF3, Crysis 2, Crysis 3 (in future :p ), MW series, all First person shooter games, and many more....
Programs like Photoshop, C++, VM-ware..

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Ans : Dont have much idea what is glossy/matte...

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
Ans : Local Purchase...

I was thinking about Samsung NP550P but I heard of its problems like throttling ( which is solved by BIOS update I guess ) , High Temperatures ( which is not even solved by Cooling Pads :-x ) .. I have read the 550P thread completely, still I dont know if there is better hardware available in the market than it...

Thank you for reading this.
Waiting your suggestions. :)

Edit : I am living in place where average temperature is 20-30 C

daksh

Journeyman
With the latest driver and bios updates throttling has become non existent for most. Personally, since I've bought the laptop(2 months) I've not faced throttling even once.
You can't get better hardware in this price range.

OP
S

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
Re: Laptop for studies & Gaming

Are any new laptops launching in diwali in the same range ???

Guys please tell me fast if any new laptop is launching in the same price range in Diwali

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Check HP Pavilion M6. It is decent enough to carry out all the tasks, and the battery life is exceptional. Pavilion M range laptops have achieved a realistic battery life of 5.5 to 6 hours in stress tests in multiple reviews.

It is good enough for everyday use, possible to play games with decent settings, comes with Beats audio, excellent battery life compared to other laptops in this segment, and has a sleek body.

Initially I thought of getting a Samsung 550P, but later decided to get M6 since there are a hell lot of complaints against 550P (throttling issue, high temperature, below-average looks compared to Vaio, HP and Lenovo models, and some complaints about getting an electric shock from USB and other ports when under charge). I know that lot of 550P owners might recommend against my suggestion, but do check out both the models in showroom once. I personally liked M6 more for my usage.

p!e

Broken In
check the Asus K53sm Core i7 2nd gen/nvidia gt 630 version. has solid build quality and would come around < 50k locally,

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Another OT: Last FK review of M6:

...main 3D graphics ka kam karta hoon to isme mera kam perfect hota hain. 2 weeks ago maine ye lapy kharida, and abhi main usi lapy se review likh raha hoon. heavy games are perfect on it. awesome graphics, cool body.....

lol :))

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
@dashing.sujay: The last FK comment is indeed hilarious. I was like "WTF is wrong with this guy" after reading his comment.

Top Bottom