Laptop for IT support

deemee1988

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
30 - 40K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:
Blacklit keyboard or a light to work in darkness(as some Thinkpad has)
Inbuilt 3G/4G modem.
Intel® Virtualization Technology (VT-x) - Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) or AMD V enabled CPU.
HDMI connectivity.
It would it great if my hardware has a capability to turn my wifi antenna to hotspot.
Hardware support for popular Linux Distros and ofcourse buggy Win 7 /8 will be a part of it.I am really concerned about the hardware support WIN 8 compatibility.
Should bear CPU heat.

b. Dislike:
Speakers qualities...

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Working with Virtualization product like Vmware Workstation 8.0,virtual PC,XEN etc...
Sometimes I play NFS most wanted,Max Payne,Serious SAM and try out some New games aswell.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?

Should play 1080p movie without lagging,I have seen few situations like while playing a 1080p of more 8GB will make some lag on few laps,but a 1080p of 1 or 2 GB will play fine.
Not much considered about resolution.

No idea on glossy/matte

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish)
If online purchase with EMI option is possible that would be great.
I love to have a skin on my laptop :D

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Umm...the 3rd question is for which "brands" you like amongst laptops. Its not asking which features you like in a laptop :p

saswat23

Human Spambot
You can't get any lappy for 40k with such specs. SONY VAIO CB45 is the best and cjeapest option for you. But it costs around 50k.
Sony VAIO C Series VPCCB45FN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook

sarthak

In the zone
Your budget is too less for your requirements. And you will get linux support only in Dell Vostro, which won't satisfy your other requirements.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Buy Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 420 (1141-FVQ) Laptop at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

aroraanant

Explorer
If you can extend the budget then Sony CB45 is the best option for you.
Otherwise go for thinkpad or even Asus laptops are pretty good.

aalina88

Right off the assembly line
It supports companies are best as they provides IT Support for small to medium sized businesses.

Top Bottom