Laptop for general use - Future Proof

nandu26

In the zone
I am planning to buy a new laptop for general browsing, visual studio programming work etc. I will also use the laptop for capturing videos, screenshots.

I want a laptop which is future proof, faster and with decent config. My budge is 55K.

I am not a gamer.

I came across several ASUS brands but also looking at Dell New Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Gen Ci7 (only available with flipkart).

I heard that ASUS laptop produce buzzing sound. I don't know it is true or not.

Is there any other laptop (Corei5 - 8 GB - 750 GB HDD)?

Does the above mentioned DELL laptop produce lot of heat?

Can I turn off graphics card if not needed?

tkin

Back to school!!
Get this for 60k, its best laptop you can buy ATM: Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C-S02IN 3rd Gen Ci7/8GB/1TB/2GB Graphics/Win 7 HP: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Samsung Notebook

If you can't spend above 55k ten get this: Dell New Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ 2GB Graphics/ Win 7 HP Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Dell Notebook

But the samsung model is well worth the extra 5k, also it should cost about 56-58k locally.

ratul

█████████████████
tkin is right, as you are not a gamer, so Samsung's overheating problems won't affect you, samsung has the JBL soundsystem and matte display 900p, good for multimedia purpose..
If you want better screen and better servicing, you can check this i5 model under your budget:
DELL inspiron 15r i5 1080p
And in today's systems you don't need to turn off graphics, Nvidia has Optimus, AMD has Enduro, which will force graphics card only when needed, so normally your intel HD4000 will be used by the system..

aroraanant

Explorer
What screen size are you looking for?

BTW Dell Inspiron 15R SE with FHD Display looks like a pretty good option for you.
And if you want something portable and good then you can buy Sony VAIO S Series SVS13112EN

Top Bottom