Laptop for a Girl for just Movies and Internet

Sparky19

Broken In
A friend of mine(Girl) is looking for a Laptop. It ll be used only for Basic needs like MS Office, Movies, Music, Browsing. As for movies, it must play HD content without any Jiffy. That's the only high end requirement. She wont be playing any games.

So Guys, could you please suggest a couple of the best Laptops that fits the criteria for as low a price as possible.

Edit : Budget is 25k. Lesser the better.

Last edited:

sanny16

Journeyman
Click here to check out the laptop.

Its priced at Rs.22,490 and you got freebies along with the purchase of this laptop.

It has the following:

-AMD APU A4 with integrated Graphics processor
-4GB RAM
-500G HDD
-AMD Radeon HD 6480G(graphic processor)
-connectivity ports like HDMI, VGA, LAN, SD card, Bluetooth v4.0, 3xUSBs
-bright LED screen
-it comes with DOS. You can install windows on your own or get it installed or you can go for linux.

This laptop will definitely fulfill your friend's need.

For more information and reviews visit the website mentioned above.

quicky008

Technomancer
Click here to check out the laptop.

Its priced at Rs.22,490 and you got freebies along with the purchase of this laptop.

It has the following:

-AMD APU A4 with integrated Graphics processor
-4GB RAM
-500G HDD
-AMD Radeon HD 6480G(graphic processor)
-connectivity ports like HDMI, VGA, LAN, SD card, Bluetooth v4.0, 3xUSBs
-bright LED screen
-it comes with DOS. You can install windows on your own or get it installed or you can go for linux.

This laptop will definitely fulfill your friend's need.

For more information and reviews visit the website mentioned above.

A very useful suggestion indeed-the op can safely go for it.

Gollum

Collector
I suggest this
Sony Vaio E Series 15 SVE1513CYNB 15.5-inch Laptop (Black): Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Unfortunately none of the laptops come in pink !

Vaio used to have one.

On topic, the HP model suggested is best bang for bucks. Only thing which I'd personally like to add is that, the display, keyboard (flex), and speaker of whole g series is bad. Check it out personally before you go ahead. Any Asus, Lenovo model will beat them (g series) on all the three mentioned segments, in the budget category.

OP
S

Sparky19

Broken In
Thanks guys. I have asked her to check out these 3 models. @ gollum - Did not include the Sony model as its above budget.

1. HP Pavilion G4-1315AU Laptop (APU A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Rs. 22490.0 Price in India - Buy HP Pavilion G4-1315AU Laptop (APU A4/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Imprint Charcoal Grey Colour Online - HP: Flipkart.com

2. Lenovo Essential B490 (59-364701) Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Rs. 22490.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Essential B490 (59-364701) Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

3. HP 240 Laptop Rs. 0.0 Price in India - Buy HP 240 Laptop Black Online - HP: Flipkart.com

I am assuming that the G4 model is the best of the lot, but not sure. She ll probably be checking the above this evening.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
IMHO, dont let her buy laptops having ULV processors. you can opt for the HP Pavilion G4-1315AU and install Linux Mint on it. Linux Mint can fulfill as the basic needs you mentioned. She won't require antivirus at all with Linux.

Gollum

Collector
Just to let you know, HP does not support Linux. If you get windows pre installed in OOB then call tech support within 90days of purchase or warranty start date to get the recovery CD's for free.

Check your warranty here
Warranty check - HP Support Center

sksundram

In the zone
^^can we install win 7 32bit driver on xp?

No
Just go for that amd based laptop and I would suggest you to refrain from installing linux as it would be too much of a heckle for the girl considering her requirements unless she knows her way around.

Last edited:

RiteshS

Broken In
Hey Sparky19, I would like to suggest to check “Lenovo G505 (59-387133)”, this one is best price laptop with good configuration. Take a look on its configuration;
AMD Dual Core Processor
15.6 inch HD LED Display
RAM: 4 GB, HDD: 500 GB
Windows 8 OS
Price: Rs.24,990/-
(Source: Ezoneonline.in)
Cost is little more than above mentioned models, but believe me it is best one as it has AMD processor. AMD processor is best for graphics and internet; I hope you too like it!

Top Bottom