Laptop for 55-60k

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Hi TDF members, I need a new laptop. The budget is similar t utkarsh's but I have some different requirements. So here goes-

General Questions

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
55-60k INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
Delhi, India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP
b. Dislike:

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Mainly office work(my dad's) and sometimes gaming

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?HL2, TF2,CS

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
4-5 minimum

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I'd like to see it

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Windows 7

I have a few specific requirements(i can live without them)-
The trackpad and the mouse buttons preferably shouldn't be unified.
The KB shouldn't have extra keys in locations that make it difficult to type(like left of kb).
The weight should preferably be <2.5kg.
3 years warranty.

Last edited:

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
They've got the best specs.
i7 2630QM
4GB DDR3
HD6770M 1GB(6140TX)/2GB(6121TX) GDDR5

You can get a customized Dell.
i7 2630QM
4GB
GT540M (6770M is 40% faster)
1080p screen (Much better)

OP
SlashDK

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I'm finally considering two laptops, either the HP DV6 6121tx or the MBP 15" (higher end). The MBP is very expensive @ 125k but i might be able to convince my dad to spend 100k. Since my sister studies in college, we should get a college discount. Anyone here has any experience on how the college discount works? If yes then please post about it.

kaz

right here
@DK

checkout alienware 14x n 17x

asus-lamborgini gamers republic (i dont remember the model)

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
the alienware will be costly and he wants it for his dad so i guess alienware doesnt suits the scenario...

I'm finally considering two laptops, either the HP DV6 6121tx or the MBP 15" (higher end). The MBP is very expensive @ 125k but i might be able to convince my dad to spend 100k. Since my sister studies in college, we should get a college discount. Anyone here has any experience on how the college discount works? If yes then please post about it.

i dont hav any xperience how that works, but i think they only take well known colleges like the IITs, NIT's n all...

kaz

right here
the alienware will be costly and he wants it for his dad so i guess alienware doesnt suits the scenario...

oooooh
sorry :D

then no other option than MBP.. :)

i dont hav any xperience how that works, but i think they only take well known colleges like the IITs, NIT's n all...

bro gov. institute's guys can get 5% off
and also workers of MNCs can get 5%

you can get 8% off if you opt for 3yrs. complete cover

bt thats of dell

apple's imagine outlets offers discounts during particular period.
last year during August there was 10% discount on colleges fees reciept n id :)

Top Bottom