Laptop for 100K

mohityadavx

Youngling
I want to buy a laptop and i am in no hurry , i can wait till mid of june not more.( I think its a hell lot of time).

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
My budget is RS 1 lakh ( should include extended warranty with complete cover)

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
a. Netbook; 10” screen or less
b. Ultraportable; 11" - 12” screen
c. Thin and Light; 13" - 14" screen(Anything from 14" to 16")
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if Amazon.com or Newgg.com ships to your country (Only if you know this info).

India

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell (Uncle Central Govt Employee 5% discount / Cousin dell Employee EPP discount)
b. Dislike:Cheap/Local brand

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Bits of photoshop, Maya and would be mainly used for my 4 year CS/IT engineering and tonnes of Video Conversion.

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Both

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Yup I play games but not high end games like Crysis, Gears Of War but strategy like AOE , Rise Of Nation etc and racing like NFS series

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
As much as possible

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
Its ok to buy online without seeing it real

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
Well i would use windows 7 32 bit but i would like to get one with linux as it would cut cost of lappy and i am already having licensed Windows 7 32bit.

Screen Specifics
11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?Keep in mind screen size in conjunction with resolution will play a large role in overall viewing comfort level. Everyone is different. Some like really small text, while others like their text big and easy to read.
No problems whatsoever with screen specs

OTHER IMPORTANT POINT
I am quite sturdy and won't mind portability or weight at all even if it is hell heavy as a rock. What matters is max battery life and performance and yes i won't replace it for the next four years no matter what happens so it should be futureproof as the next lappy i would buy would be from my own salary only.

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
Configure a Dell XPS 15 (Sandy Bridge) with

GT-540M GPU & 9-cell battery.

But I must tell you that the GT-540M not a very powerful GPU for gaming. If you can wait, hold on a little see what GPUs competitors bring.
I'm personally waiting for the Lenovo Y570 with GT-555M GPU.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
I won't do high end gaming however I think Maya will still require a memory hogger GPU . time has come me to buy this lappy would most probably order on the day 12th boards result get announced which i think is around 25 May. Budget increased to 1 lakh ( lower the better) but then it should include an extended warranty i am inclined to a dell i7 procesor lappy with 3 year complete cover extended warranty.

Suggest something for heaven's sake

Here's my customized deal

XPS 15

Intel® Core™ i7-2820QM processor 2.30 GHz
8GB Dual-channel 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2 x 4G)
Internal High-Definition 5.1 Performance Audio with SoundBlaster X-Fi Audio
9 Cell Primary Battery (Won't remove it any cost)
3-year XPS Premier Service with 3-year CompleteCover (Won't remove it any cost)
500 Gb HDD
15.6" (39.6cm) HD (1366x768) WLED display with TrueLife™
Tray Load Fixed Blu-ray BD-ROM / DVD + /-RW Combo Drive
2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M graphics with Optimus

Whats FHD display is it any good by adding 6500 bucks

default wireless card is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
shall i add 500 more to buy this
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
is it worth it

Total at 1.1 lakh i think after discount it would just squeeze in my budget.

Any other recommendation???

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
That Config looks class . Brilliantly done .

Dude , What discount are you getting and HOW ?

Will have 2 check 4 discount as it vary frm laptop 2 laptop

My cousin is Dell employee so i will get Employee disCount and uncle is Central govt employee entitled to 5% discount will take the better of the two discount.

Any other option shall i consider

I thouhght of alienware first but i think they are too overpriced shall i final this config

what about the questions i asked earlier

default wireless card is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
shall i add 500 more to buy this
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS
is it worth it

Last edited:

game-freak

In the zone
if i would be in ur place i would go for Dell Alienware M14x click here 2 check specs

has a better graphic card, bigger hard drive, a better display and on top of it its a alienware only if u could inc ur budget a bit its a worth buy

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
if i would be in ur place i would go for Dell Alienware M14x click here 2 check specs

has a better graphic card, bigger hard drive, a better display and on top of it its a alienware only if u could inc ur budget a bit its a worth buy

Better Display --> u didn't Commented on FHD upgrade on XPS 15

Better Graphics --> I said no high end gaming

Bigger Hard Drive --> See my signature do u think i suffer storage problem

And then u r suggesting a Low End processor and if i will customise it then it would be way out of my budget!!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Mohityadavx said:

FHD means Full-HD i.e. 1920*1080
It comes with Dell's B+RGLED, which makes it one of the best available laptop display.
Lookin at your budget, I really think you should include this.

Mohityadavx said:
default wireless card is Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1030 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS shall i add 500 more to buy this Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 with Bluetooth v3.0+HS is it worth it

Bluetooth is one of the least used feature (atleast for me :)). No need to spend extra 500 as both are using latest Bluetooth Standard v3.0+HS.

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....
I'd suggest an Asus G73jh (17") or the G53w( 15") ! Both come with a GTX460m . I wanted to get one , but im going for a sandy bridge gaming rig instead ! :)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Well to be honest, I don't think any other will provide you with such config in ~1k. You probably will get a much better GPU but have to compromise with CPU.

Top Bottom