LAPTOP Fan kaput... or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
Hello guys!

I own a compaq presario c301TU ( 1.6Ghz, 1.25 Gb ram, 60Gb ). been about 3 years since i bought it. Now what happened yesterday was that while working, suddenly the laptop switched off. All random and abrupt!

Then i switched it on after like 10 mins and it worked but again in 15 mins, it went off. So i let it be and then switched on after 3 hours, only to be suggested that the fan may have stopped working. So i checked and realised that i cant hear anything. But the deal is i am not too sure of how it sounded earlier, so i have no basis to compare.

so i downloaded speedfan. and saw that when i switch on my laptop the temps are around 50 C and then go upto 72 C. From there, it may go upto 85 if i watch a movie, or stay at 72-73 when idling and only downloading. The peak has been 93 C after which i hurriedly switched it off.

Also, now i dont dare to do any resource intensive stuff, so i try and contain it to sub 80 levels. Till that happens, i can work (mails, IM etc). Laptop hasnt gone off again since then but that maybe due to the fact that i am careful and constantly monitoring the temps.

i called up HP CC. They flahed my BIOS (upgraded to the latest) thinking it would fix it. But even now it doesnt seem to be working. (i cant hear the damn fan!)

So anything here would be greatly appreciated. I want to try everything i can. Calling all the tech gurus out there, HELP ME!

Thank you!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
1. Open it yourself and check : If you have done stuff like this before.
2. Official service center.
3. NP Quack.

Try 1 and 2, 3 if both fail..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom