LAPTOP ETHERNET /DRIVER PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Master troll
This is the second time i am asking this,first time didnt get any reply,probably posted in wrong section.
I have a hp dv6 2005ax with win7 home premium,it is giving me a strange problem,the ethernet port/lan port is working intermittently,when the lappy boots up the green light blinks momentarily,but goes off suddenly,sometimes after moving the jack slightly in or outwards it lights up agin,this same rj 45 jack works perfectly in the desktop running xp sp3,tried updating drivers from hp site with the same result.Except for this it is running smooth n i am very happy with it so far

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
as u said the same rj45 cable works fine with desktop.... it seems an issue with the RJ45 port on the laptop.... try with a diff lan cable.

OP
red dragon

red dragon

Master troll
Thanks prateek for your suggestion,i have tried other ethernet cables in my hospital n they work,only problem is the ethernet of my home,but strangely it works with my brother"s lappy which got xp and the desktop,does it got anything to do with drivers?is there any other way to test the lan card?is it some lan configuration problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom