Laptop boots but I have no video-help

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaos64

Right off the assembly line
Hello all, I have a bit of an issue.
My computer just started this a couple of weeks ago...Where it would seem like it would get hung up during shutdown or restart on the black screen after the "Shuting Down..." screen right before the power stops.

Well then I would have to hold the power button to manually power it off. Then when I would turn it back on --I wouldn't get any picture. I would have to turn off and turn on about 5-10 times, before it would work.

Now I cant get a picture now matter how many times I reboot. I had been using an external monitor, extended--but it doesnt get a picture either "No source". I hear it boot and I can login once I hear the vista login screen come up.

I also have VNC service mode running...so I can VNC into it from another computer...but it shows a black screen. Is my video card just shot.? But would think if that was the case I could still VNC into it. Please enlighten me with whatever information you have. Thanks

Specs-
cpu: amd turion x64
mobo:MSI ms-1633x
graphics: geforce 7600

thats all I can remember ---speaking of my processor...this all seams to have started when I had put on vista 64bit ....but I have since then reformatted and put 32 back on.

OP
K

khaos64

After a bit of research, to VNC and get a picture you do need a working video card. So I guess it really is shot...any ideas?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually irrespective of what OS you run you should be able to see the bios screen. However, if your display card is gone kaput, you would not be able to reach the login screen. Your laptop may have a Fn key. The Fn key and one or more of the Function keys toggles the display. Try those keys.

OP
K

khaos64

I wish it was that easy, I had thought of that and there is one possible key that it would be,but it doesnt affect it. Any thing else it may be? Again, I have no picture during POST or once it has logged in, but I can hear vista log in and then I can VNC to it from another computer but get no picture through the VNC either.

I have also took out the CMOS battery and put it back in--thinking that some way a BIOS setting had been changed, but no results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom