Laptop between 40-45K INR!...Suggestions pls...

glittgopi

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

I have been following TDF for around 4 years and u guys r simply superb when it comes for support and help related to gadgets and tech.
Now I'm in need of ur help on buying a new laptop.

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
40-45K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
14" or 15"screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:HP,Lenovo
b. Dislike:Dell,Acer

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Studying
Listening to music
Watching movies
Mid range gaming like MP3,Need for speed etc

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
Any resolution and type

Apart from above mentioned details I'm looking for i5 3rd gen processor and good keyboard.

I'm planning to buy laptop this month or in September.

Regards,
glittgopi

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Though Dell is in your hate list, I'd suggest you to check out latest inspiron. It gives you 3rd gen i5 + very good GPU in your budget.
If you don't wish to buy it, I'll suggest Vaio SVE14113EN. Its a bit costly as per its config (a bit weak GPU) but fulfills your purpose and you can have peace of mind.
If you can do away with GPU, consider waiting for launch of probook with 3rd gen i5.

And if you want to save a bit of cash, then Lenovo G580. Lenovo is providing 3 yrs extended warranty as their offer scheme now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ but HD4000 just can't handle MP3.
And Max Payne 3 is no way a mid range game. Even at lowest setting it requires a decent GPU. 7550 can handle it at mid max. So HD7670/7730 or even higher is recommended.

check these 2: HP Pavilion G6-2007TX or HP Pavilion G6-2016TX

OP
G

glittgopi

Thanks for quick response Sam and Sujay...:)
@sam will take ur suggestions for sure and hv a look @ them in local shop..how is the build quality of G series laptops?
read in this forum that build quality of G series and Lenovo is not good...
@sujay... had a pathetic experience with dell studio laptop bought 3yrs back for my sister...within 1 1/2 yr battery failed and soon DVD drive also...but as u suggested will definitely consider new inspiron model...BTW how is the sound and screen in new inspiron?.. And i was meaning Max payne3 only...but by mistake I mentioned as mid range...:p

adnan87

Broken In
Check out sony vaio below. It suits your budget.
SVE15116EN : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : hp.sony.text hp.india.text

It has 2nd generation i5 processor, though there is not much performance difference between 2nd and 3rd gen infact 3rd gen processors heat up much more than 2nd gen.

OP
G

glittgopi

@Sujay...I will see the new range of lenovo laptops too....and i also gone thru the specs of new inspiron series...its pretty good...can u pls enlighten me on sound and screen quality of the same?...

@adnan I never did any research on sony laptops...so i'll check the one suggested by u....and do u mean to say 2nd gen i5 is also a good choice?..

OP
G

glittgopi

@adnan that was a quick response from u.... :-o
so can u pls suggest other 2nd gen i5 laptops apart from sony...that too with gud sound and 1GB graphics atleast...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@Sujay...I will see the new range of lenovo laptops too....and i also gone thru the specs of new inspiron series...its pretty good...can u pls enlighten me on sound and screen quality of the same?...

Inspiron screen quality is good especially when you opt for 1080p version. Sound as stated by notebookcheck.net, "Sound is pretty good with very good volume levels but bass is seriously lacking". But we shouldn't expect bass in laptops, isn't it?

@adnan that was a quick response from u.... :-o
so can u pls suggest other 2nd gen i5 laptops apart from sony...that too with gud sound and 1GB graphics atleast...

Sony never gives good sound in their laptops :|

OP
G

glittgopi

Ya Sujay!.. thanks for ur inputs...does the new inspiron series with full hd will be available
between 40-45K?...for 15.6" screen....

OP
G

glittgopi

@Sujay...will definitely check that in dell website...now im inclined towards 2 laptops...HP G6 series and New inspiron...among these 2 can u suggest one which suits for my purpose?...

Top Bottom