Laptop at a budget of 65k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
The Sammy has gone out of stock everywhere online, including Fk, and the Samsung Estore.

samsung Estore never solded them!! i keep on eye on them from long they dont have them online from starting and also fk never solded that i7 version they just have it in listings only they have i5 i guess you can check the fosila site they are very good and they have it too!! and most imp. they giving COD...>!!

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
samsung Estore never solded them!! i keep on eye on them from long they dont have them online from starting and also fk never solded that i7 version they just have it in listings only they have i5 i guess you can check the fosila site they are very good and they have it too!! and most imp. they giving COD...>!!

Fosila have removed the laptop range from their website. And I need to buy it on emi. I am considering going locally and buying from some retailer.

My dad knows a few people from Dell. I have asked him to find out at what price I can get the DEll 17R SE i7. Will have to wait and see :p

SlayerAndy

Broken In
If you know someone from Dell, you can get nice prices. Don't think they offer only 8% discount to employees. My brother works in assembly. And he got this laptop for my uncle for 41k only. Its official price is 54k+VAT+octroi.
The Dell Online Store: Build Your System

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
My dad is in touch with his friends; who are very senior at Dell. I am expecting atleast 25% discount. But we'll see. I will definitely update here on what discount I get.

chinmaya

Journeyman
dude he have to sacrifise the battery backup...which is around 3-4 hours more then dell and speakers which is far better in samsung and yeah most specially dude it has i5 not the i7 and i guess ram is also low then the samsung ones no better looks then samsung heavy and bulky too and @900p is not that good enough for 17 inches this sammy have @900p for 15 inches! and all these specs are for 8k less man!!!! inspiron 17r se with i7 core is damn 95k :evil: just no VFM.. AT any cost!
if he have to carry the laptop around like college street or anywhere...17r is just make him angry thats not even lap friendly its a complete desktop replacement!!

u mean to say that samsung gives 2.5hrs + 3-4 hrs? that would be truly awesome but may not be possible. i never heard a np 550 giving 6hrs of battery back up did u?

He never mentioned he wanted a i7, did he? AFAIK most of the games are graphic dependent not processor dependent.

if u read my above pst, i told him that IF HE COULD wait for a few days there is a chance of getting a 1080p screen for 17R SE.

I never suggested the 95k model.

If he had any idea of carrying it to college he would have atleast mentioned that he is planning to carry it to coll.

yeah!! and what your expecting with few extra bucks! lol around 8-10k more you have to spent for that!!! looks dell insipron 15r se starts with 53k and ends on 63k with FHD...!! 10k diff. so you can except the same from this if they SELL FHD in future on 17r se but beleive me bro you will get screwed with battery backup and bulky weight!!

i5 + 1080 screen = 54k
i7+ 1368 screen = 59k
i7+ 1080 screen = 63k

63-59=4k by my calculator. how much is yours showin???:lol:

It'll definitely be bulky, but i think its worth it.

My dad is in touch with his friends; who are very senior at Dell. I am expecting atleast 25% discount. But we'll see. I will definitely update here on what discount I get.

Thats super cool. if u get 25% discount. u'll get the i7 variant in your range.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
u mean to say that samsung gives 2.5hrs + 3-4 hrs? that would be truly awesome but may not be possible. i never heard a np 550 giving 6hrs of battery back up did u?

He never mentioned he wanted a i7, did he? AFAIK most of the games are graphic dependent not processor dependent.

if u read my above pst, i told him that IF HE COULD wait for a few days there is a chance of getting a 1080p screen for 17R SE.

I never suggested the 95k model.

If he had any idea of carrying it to college he would have atleast mentioned that he is planning to carry it to coll.

i5 + 1080 screen = 54k
i7+ 1368 screen = 59k
i7+ 1080 screen = 63k

63-59=4k by my calculator. how much is yours showin???:lol:

It'll definitely be bulky, but i think its worth it.
firstly 17r se is giving 2 hours battery backup!! the owner reported it i guess not even 2 hours i charge my lappy to 80% i easily got 4 hours around...and one of the member here ( pratyush ) got 5.5 - 6 hours easily ask him! and yeah @OP not even mentioned he want an i5 did he? :lol: i m just saying if he can get an i7 in less money then why should he get that 17r for more bucks and less configuration ?? yeah most of games are gpu dependent but some games are more dependent on cpu too like gta 4 it will be more then 7k for FHD screen i bet and there is very less chance they provide them in india!!:p did he said he want to buy a desktop replacement laptop??? you should have common sence he will definetely want to carry it around...!!

saaransh9

Journeyman
firstly 17r se is giving 2 hours battery backup!! the owner reported it i guess not even 2 hours i charge my lappy to 80% i easily got 4 hours around...and one of the member here ( pratyush ) got 5.5 - 6 hours easily ask him! and yeah @OP not even mentioned he want an i5 did he? :lol: i m just saying if he can get an i7 in less money then why should he get that 17r for more bucks and less configuration ?? yeah most of games are gpu dependent but some games are more dependent on cpu too like gta 4 it will be more then 7k for FHD screen i bet and there is very less chance they provide them in india!!:p did he said he want to buy a desktop replacement laptop??? you should have common sence he will definetely want to carry it around...!!

n u forgot one thing the street price of 550p i7 model is around 56 or 57 not 59 :)

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
Let's not start a flame war here.

First let me clear this to everyone that, I will go for the 17R SE i7 FHD only if I get a discount of 25%. Yes, senior people are eligible for much higher discount than a regular employee.
If I do not get the discount my immediate alternative would be the Samsung NP550 i7.

I agree that Samsung is VFM :D.
But If I can get a FHD i7 at the same price, I would most definitely go for the Dell.

I will keep this thread updated about what discount % I get.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Let's not start a flame war here.

First let me clear this to everyone that, I will go for the 17R SE i7 FHD only if I get a discount of 25%. Yes, senior people are eligible for much higher discount than a regular employee.
If I do not get the discount my immediate alternative would be the Samsung NP550 i7.

I agree that Samsung is VFM :D.
But If I can get a FHD i7 at the same price, I would most definitely go for the Dell.

I will keep this thread updated about what discount % I get.
ok great! you can look on 15r se for FHD and i7 then! its great too! but not 17r se at any cost!! :) good luck!

pratyush997

Inactive
^^Dell 15 r?? U wont get those awesome speaker,Matte display(faqin awesome brightness), Powerful GPU....and pemium looks(metalic)... :p
BIOS update is out..lets see whether it solves some issues w/ that!!

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
^^Dell 15 r?? U wont get those awesome speaker,Matte display(faqin awesome brightness), Powerful GPU....and pemium looks(metalic)... :p
BIOS update is out..lets see whether it solves some issues w/ that!!

Yes, I just came to know about the BIOS update. I am just waiting for the mail to come from my dad's friend regarding the prices.

ok great! you can look on 15r se for FHD and i7 then! its great too! but not 17r se at any cost!! :) good luck!

Is there any particular reason for avoiding the 17R i7 ??

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Yes, I just came to know about the BIOS update. I am just waiting for the mail to come from my dad's friend regarding the prices.

Is there any particular reason for avoiding the 17R i7 ??
lols its 95k :shock: can you beleive if your getting huge discounts then you can consider them but first check about prices then only we can say something! :)
@pratyush yeah its still not worth it...but if he can get for 25% discount as he saying then he can consider it too :) good luck abhishek hope u got a shocking reply :lol:

OP
Abhishek Nama

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
lols its 95k :shock: can you beleive if your getting huge discounts then you can consider them but first check about prices then only we can say something! :)
@pratyush yeah its still not worth it...but if he can get for 25% discount as he saying then he can consider it too :) good luck abhishek hope u got a shocking reply :lol:

I am quite aware of the price of the 17R, but as you said, I have to see if I can get that much discount. Then lets start playing the waiting game!!! Thank you all for your suggestions and help. It is much appreciated :D

SlayerAndy

Broken In

I have the 17R SE i7 version. And without the 3D. Nice right? :D
But anyway, even the i5 version of 17R SE is good. You wouldn't regret your purchase.

@Abhishek
I know about the discounts. Most of the people don't know about it. He keeps on messaging about the pieces he has at disposal. Today he told me about XPS 14z. Was available for 60k.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
I have the 17R SE i7 version. And without the 3D. Nice right? :D
But anyway, even the i5 version of 17R SE is good. You wouldn't regret your purchase.

@Abhishek
I know about the discounts. Most of the people don't know about it. He keeps on messaging about the pieces he has at disposal. Today he told me about XPS 14z. Was available for 60k.

damn are you ****ing kidding ?:shock: its official value is 80k man thats a huge discounts!!
and dude for how much u got urs 17r se i7 version??

SlayerAndy

Broken In
damn are you ****ing kidding ?:shock: its official value is 80k man thats a huge discounts!!
and dude for how much u got urs 17r se i7 version??

Yeah.
I got it for 63k. He got it from USA for me. As I didn't want 3D, he said he'll bring it from USA. He could have applied for the discounts there, but well, he was in rush. So he got it there on retail price.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
Yeah.
I got it for 63k. He got it from USA for me. As I didn't want 3D, he said he'll bring it from USA. He could have applied for the discounts there, but well, he was in rush. So he got it there on retail price.

thats awesome deal still dude! congrats its just not worth 95k !! u got a very good deal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom