Laptop advice needed - 50K

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
dude did u check notebookreviews? :blink: here is the link
AMD-Radeon-HD-6630M

except metro and nfs shift its handling almost all the games in high and medium settings well and it has FHD !! similar config with dell will go beyond 60K and dont think anyone offering FHD with this much better gfx card !! :grin:
See what Pranav said.

Also high and medium gaming isn't equal to ultra gaming. You can even play on a Onboard tbh on low (I do).

AND they

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
dude did u check notebookreviews? :blink: here is the link
AMD-Radeon-HD-6630M

except metro and nfs shift its handling almost all the games in high and medium settings well and it has FHD !! similar config with dell will go beyond 60K and dont think anyone offering FHD with this much better gfx card !! :grin:

i agree with them , the gpu is a mid class2 whereas high end class 2 cards are available at cheaper prices...

swapyworld

Broken In
6630 is inferior to 540m which means its just okayish for gaming. but not really something i'd recommend.
And that FHD is going to create an issue. FHD has nearly twice the number of pixels as a HD ready screen and coupled with a weaker graphics card, its going to impact your gaming in a significant way (i prefer to run games at native resolutions, as thats when they look best)

IMO if you're into gaming, then dont buy a lap with FHD unless the GPU can kick some serious ass :wink:

See what Pranav said.

Also high and medium gaming isn't equal to ultra gaming. You can even play on a Onboard tbh on low (I do).

AND they

i agree with them , the gpu is a mid class2 whereas high end class 2 cards are available at cheaper prices...

Fine guys.....actually it was comparable to HP 6120tx which is offering worse gfx card than the sony's....!! :neutral:
thanks anyway :mrgreen:

OP
C

CloudS

Broken In
Dude, don't hijack the thread.

I talked to a dealer, and he gave me a quote of 55k for 6121. Any place to get it cheaper for with some accessories?
Will there be any offers on laptops on Diwali?

OP
C

CloudS

Broken In
How is this compared to the HP 6121?
Lenovo
Y570 59-301914
Core™ i5-2410
Genuine WIN7 HOME PREMIUM 64BITS
4G ( 1*4GB) DDR3 1333 MHz
750G 9.5mm 5400rpm
N12P-GT1 GDDR5 1Gb Graphics / 15.6 HD LED Glare

I don't know what GPU is this.....

OP
C

CloudS

Broken In
In what ways does the i7 differ from i5, any difference in gaming or in other applications performance?
How much better is the GPU in Lenovo than the 6770m in HP?

kaz

right here
In what ways does the i7 differ from i5, any difference in gaming or in other applications performance?
How much better is the GPU in Lenovo than the 6770m in HP?

i guess it has nvidia gt 555m in some model
which is little better than amd 6770m

bt i just wanted to tell u wot lenovo is offering these days bcoz i was at a store for my frnd last evening
1. a mts cdma fone worth 1500-1800rs
2. a mts datacard
3. 2yrs extended warranty(worth 7500rs)+1year which is given free=3yrs warranty..bt only if u can get the bill dated 30th sep. this offer expires there after
4. it also has a inbuit chip which will give the location when it is stolen n connected to internet through sms..u need to talk to the service centre after its stolen n give the serial number
5. they r giving a genuine certificate which will contain the serial number of all the parts..in case it gets replaced by service guys then u can ask them..

if u can compromise with the looks then lenovo is a good option.. :)

adnan87

Broken In
^
There are two version of gt555m

One is with 144 core and clock range from 590-675 and DDR3 memory

Other is 96 cores and clock speed 753 and DDR5 memory

Both are GT555m. Check this link GeForce GT 555M

Lenovo has the second one, don't know about the indian model though.

Niilesh

Padawan
^^
the laptop's GPU is said as N12P-GT1 GDDR5 2Gb Graphics on lenovo site.
the codename of 550M is N12P-GT
while codename of 555M is N12E-GE-B
Both of them have two versions GDDR3 and GDDR5
so it should have 550M not 555M
Although the US one has 555M

adnan87

Broken In
^
It can't be said unless it is confirmed whether it is gt550m or gt555m. Its code name is N12P-GT1 not N12P-GT.
In all the reviews and other websites its said that lenovo y570 has gt555m.
Gt555m is similar or sometimes better than 6770m.

Niilesh

Padawan
^
Not in all reviews it's said that it has 555M but in some reviews like this it said that it has 550M
Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 Review - Notebook Reviews by MobileTechReview

Someone will have to go and check the model itself for confirmation

Top Bottom