Lappy frm Abroad - Warranty Issues

reddick

Mobile Freak
My uncle has send me a new 'ACER Aspire 5336-2634 series' frm US.
I wana knw how can I gt it's warranty benefits here as he didn't send me any bill or any document regarding it :/
But whn I try to register d product on Acer's website,it shows tht d product has been already registered. It may b he had registered it there.
I didn't contact to company regarding this issue yet , I felt it's better to consult here first :cool:
Please reply regarding this.
Thanks a lot :)

acewin

Point Blanc
call customer care and ask them if warranty can be transferred here. Because Acer does not have global warranty. check with your uncle about the registration of product, certainly no one can say about it on boards here. Also, if warranty cannot be transferred, can they extend or give you local warranty (what I am saying is if you can buy any warranty package from them for India)

what type of issue are you getting (the one which made you think about warranty claims).
and had your uncle checked the working condition of the laptop before sending to you. It is always best to get it checked before shipping.

If you have problem and you are not able to get warranty claim here, you can get it shipped back to US. Erodov Forums, check the Erodov boards, there are many people who ship from US, one of those guys can (and certainly will) help out in shipping to US for warranty claim purpose.

pauldmps

Banned
I was also thinking about getting a Lenovo laptop from the US. The same laptop costs 50k in India while just 36k in US. I am too worried about the warranty & won't proceed for the purchase unless I get a warranty here.

Any idea about Lenovo international warranty ?

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
I talk 2 cust.care n they said tht I've to submit d req. documents of uncle i.e photocopy of his password,his US visa,warranty card of lappy,his residence proof etc. As they want to confirm his existence in US.
N if I submit all these,I have to take my lappy to Delhi or Bangalore for any warranty claims as Acer deals with imported notebooks @ only these 2 centers in India :evil:
It costs me upto Rs. 800 as fair to visit Delhi (up n down) plus whole day to gt it repaird if they may return it on same day to claim fr warranty in future :mad:
N whn I contact local Acer service center here,they told tht they wr unable 2 help me n they cannot renew my warranty period even if m willing to pay extra fr warranty cover.
Wht a mess ... Acer really av bad warranty policies.
So no waranty fr my new laptop :sad:

acewin

Point Blanc
dont you have someone in Delhi, you can ship the laptop to Delhi.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

I would rather say atleast they accept your laptop warranty and will put it on repair under document submission, not every manufacturer does that. Also, it is good to know for people in Delhi and Bangalore LOL

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Nvr mind , I'l get it repair frm here only in dis case :cool:

They only accept d lappy if i submit all d req. documents ... It's a long procedure ... so nw i've make myself tht my laptop has no warranty. . .

Top Bottom