LANGUAGE HELP PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
iam new to programming i want programming can u guyz plz suggest me which language shuld i start with iam interested in c but it is c, c++ and c++.net iam totaaly confused can any body help me

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
i recommend u start with the basics of C and then go on to C++ and then only to .NET if u are learning on ur own...

If institute, then plunge into C++ directly, u will understand it better on theoritical basis if from scratch...

Still i recommend C, its much more simple but u mustnt stick to it ;)

rachitar

Journeyman
Best is to start with C and then go onto C++,then you can try Java if you want, .NET is not so common and required as much as the 3 mentioned here

Baroon

Broken In
In my opinion, you should start with C++ as C++ has been said to be superset of C language and what you learn in C is fully available in C++.

One major thing backing my choice is that sometimes later you have to learn about the concept of Object oriented techniques, and this is where most of programmers find difficult to adjust, whose base being procedural languages like C, FORTRAN, or other. Even JAVA, C#, VB.NET all are based upon object oriented techniques from ground up. So if you have very sound knowledge of Object Oriented techniques, then you can learn any of these languages quickly.

One thing I want to share from my experience is that all the programming languages has almost same types of statements, but differ in syntax. Like there is "if..then...else" statement each in C,C++,JAVA,C#,VB,PHP,etc.
The major noticeable shift is in data types they support and other advanced features like support for pointers,operator overloading,etc.

One thing you should kept in your mind there is no shortcut to master any language, but if you master any one of these language (C++,JAVA,C#,or other Object Oriented Languages) then you can take on any new language easily as all have the major statement supported with few new advanced features.

I am giving the name of a book which would certainly help you as the most valuable reference book for C++ or JAVA -
1.C++ - The Complete Referecene (TMH)
2.JAVA 2 - The Complete Reference (TMH)

Hope this guide would help you to make your choice. 8)

OP

In the zone
thanks for the quick response guyz can u recommend any book on the c and c++ u r right qwerty well iam leArning on my own thanks plz suggest me a beginner book on c and c++ and also .net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom