Language confusion ...

abhidev

Human Spambot
Java in a Nutshell
Java Black Book
Thinking in Java

Try to find some beginner level java books.

RBX

In the zone
I cant concentrate while reading on the net ...
Bad for Eyes too ;-) ...
What's you're going to read is not literature.

From my personal experience, reading the programming books on device you're working is far better than reading a hard copy and then trying it.
Theory is not much important at first and can be read later if required, the important part is code which is not hard to read and can be copied and edited if you're using the device with editor. Hit and trial are important part of programming, playing with the code makes you learn better than any book can.
I have not tried Java yet and assume than Java would be useless unless you are accustomed to HTML, CSS and JavaScript, I'd call W3Schools Online Web Tutorials a good start.

IMO java books give just overview and not what a programmer need to know about the language

i followed the steps :

1> choose a language Java/C++
2> go through basic lang structure. books might be available from library of school/college. at this point the choice of book does not effect.
3> stick to a lang about 2 weeks. during this use the machine as much as possible. in college there is loads of time, i know it.
4> after this go shopping for khalid mughal for java and robert lafore for C++. i found both of these much more understandable than any other
5> now make notes and learn as much possible. and do it on the comp.
6> take up small self projects and try to add features over time as u learn more of the inbuilt classes and functions of the langs.

OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Thank You all guys !!!
I really appreciate all ur inputs and valuabe suggestions .... Thnk you very much ....

I guess I`ll choose Java as a lang to begin with ...

and I`ll start :reading: ASAP ...
Thanks again ...

Also ... What can I do to improve my typing speed ???
The thing is I can write at ok-ok speed when Im luking at the keybrd ..
Bt widout luking I am worst .... What to do ???
Should I buy a different keyboard ???
Currently I`m using logitech ka standard keyboad ....

abhidev

Human Spambot
dude....don't worry abt ur typing speed...once u start coding u'll automatically pick up the speed...and that to without looking

Top Bottom