LAN without a hub...

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhis_8086

Right off the assembly line
I have two PCs one P4 and other Celeron. Both Win 2k and XP loaded and have integrated LAN ports. So, I wanted to know whether I can directly connect them using a LAN wire. If I can then what are the s/w I will need to do so.
Some one told me that I have to setup an Active Directory and give some IP address. I tried to do so but am very confused what those IP address means and how would I configure them...

Please help!...

sakumar79

Technomancer
No need for any software... Get a computer technician to help you out... Just connect a wire (it will have to be crimped correctly, which the technician can do) between the two. Then, you have to go to Network Connections and set up a new Local Area Connection... Add the network card, TCP/IP Protocol and in protocol settings, assign 192.168.0.1 for one computer and 192.168.0.2 for the other in IP address dialog. Leave the rest with default values...

Arun

Kniwor

Learner
no need for a technician/software/anything else

just go to market and get a crossover lan cable, and connect the two, ensure drivers are installed, then set any ip beteen 192.168.XX.2-192.168.XX.126
put the gateway(no necessary actually) as 192.168.XX.1

and u are set to go... put them in same workgroup..

right click my comp. --> propertires--> computername-->> workgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom