LAN Using Bluetooth????

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno tublai

Broken In
Hi there all of the good ppl, my headline of the thread may seem old enough and people may not bother to answer, but the idea is strange enough to interest people. Interested?? Read on....
I live in a college dormitory and my buddy lives in another room diametrically opposite to my room. The thing is that we have direct line of sight but our rooms are located about 170 mtrs apart (yup measured that). Now we want to set up a lan using bluetooth and bluetooth only, since we would be able to include our bluetooth capable phones in the network, and probably would be able to share the net. We are not going to do any sort of file transfer, only share the net. Now is such coverage of length possible using bluetooth. I saw a few "Orchid 500mt bluetooth dongle" on ebay. Will it work? A speed of 20-30 KBps will suffice. Thanking all in advance.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Idea sounds interesting and i think bluetooth network can be used to share files + net as bluetooth transfers data at a rate of 721 Kbps, this bandwidth is capable of transmitting voice, data, video and still images.................................

but next part is the distance high-powered Bluetooth devices will enable ranges up to 100m (300ft) in test conditions but i donno the actual range and claims of companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom