Lan Gaming....help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
I am using Dlink DWL-G122 USB Wireless Lan and Netgear WG311 pci Wireless Lan card. I got them connected and i am able to do internet on client pc but the speed of the neatgear lan connection is fluctuating from very good to low andthe speed of the dlink lan connection is showing excellent. Now, when I play games thru Lan the games run but in-game sometimes the games stucks and then comes back to normal, this happens after every 2-3 minutes. I am using creative wireless 9000 Pro which is 2.4ghz wireless combo set and also i used my old microsoft wireless desktop set but still the games stucks.

Theres only 8 foot distance between the two wireless lan.

Why is this happening guys...please help me.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
something is interfearing with ur wlan card

or the anteena is not working right...

try to make a clear line of sight between the two cards and try reseating the anteena.

Also u say that netgear is fluctuating in signal strength but the dlink is 100%
this means that there is something wrong with the DLINK not with the netgear.
As strenght/speed is shown in windows if the strength of the other end of the connection
The reciever bases the quality of the wireles connection upon the signel strength of the transmitter. so if Dlink shows good then netgear is working fine and if netgear shows bad then dlink is not transmitting good.

Atleast i think so. the above analysis is based on my own experience/logic/theory only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom