LAN driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram_s

Broken In
I recently reinstalled windows xp on my Dell Inspiron 640M laptop and also reinstalled all the drivers required. I find that I am not able to use LAN connection alone tough I am successfully able to use Wireless LAN. I also use Ubuntu linux on my computer in which I am able to use LAN for samba and FTP transfers.. Menas, the device is working fine. In windows, under network adapters, it doesnt even show my LAN.... What am I to do?

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
there is no reason that u wont see the LAN under network adapter in device manager if you have indeed installed drivers for it...
you might want to find out the motherboard make which is mostly intel one and tried to find a networking controller driver online...

by reinstall..do you mean that you use Dell restore to reinstall windows xp or do you mean u install windows xp from an XP cd?
if no to the former question then try the dell restore utility and see what happen.

OP
R

rajaram_s

Broken In
No... My laptop came with Vista home premium loaded.... I am using my own copy of Windows Xp in it with the drivers downloaded from Dell's Customer care web site.... Yes, It is an Intel 945GM chipset....

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
you could try with the intel chipset *www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-022034.htm

you could try to locate the ethernet folder of the downloaded files if it is present..and installed the ethernet driver only..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom