LAN card disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi.. guys..

My most of the problem these days are not solved over digi fora but anyways here is one more :)

I have a computer having a xp , it is connected to my small lan using realtek 100 mbps NIC . Now one day I started computer (today) and found that my nic is not listed in hardware profile... not even the connection was there ... :shock:

I digged the computer and was still not able to find that NIC :roll: ..

So I trid many things.. even played with bios (no gain as it is not onboard) ..
Also removed and reinserted the NIC ..
But unable to get the clue of NIC ..

then finally i did the old tric and inserted the nic in other slot .. and its working now..

But OS has detected is as another NIC ...
So guys where is the first one :)

I am happy it is solved but I am really very sad that I donno the reason behind it !!!!

Any Comment ?

digen

Youngling
But OS has detected is as another NIC ...
If generic drivers are being used then you could install the drivers that came with the lan card by choosing update driver from device manager.
You mean even after installing the drivers that came with the lan card the OS takes it differently?

Hexus

Banned
At times windows acts weird. Its definately not a hardware issue nor did your LAN card crap up.

Well, I had the same problem lately, and a quick windows reinstallation resolved the issue.

Alternately, you can try to remove the card, restart, install drivers and check if the card shows up time. Repeat this over again for several times till windows finally pities on you ;). This method worked for me several times when I did'nt have the time for OS Restoration.

Hope that helps.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
ricky dont worry it happ with me also so its a windows bug not ourselves the diff is that it happ with me the first time i inserted the card and u used it and the error popped out so dont worry nothing is wrong ur sys is perfectly fine man.

othikata

Right off the assembly line
Who has to be blamed???

The Mother Board manufacturer or the Microsoft is the big question!!!!!

It happens all the time, ultimately its the question of solvin the problem.

We face new problems all the time, and keep learning on solving the problem so that next time such thing happens we can resolve it effectively.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Man..
The problem was resolved in very first day by changing the slot !
but again i checked that slot , its fine.. , card is fine.. but why that card is not working in its old slot.

BTW.. it was like that..
one day i switched on my computer and no lan card ther .. :shock: , it was earlier working fine from years, it has latest and best driver available for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom