Lacie hard disk not working in win 7

i have a 80gb lacie hard disk (uab 2.0 and 8mb cache and 5400rpm) so the issue is
when i connect the usb port at the back side once it connected then i was copying a file but then my 7yr old computer strated giveing me problem so i was force to shut is down. i disconneted my hard disk . then i restarted the computer once again plugged it on then my computer doesnt shows the hard disk :(
but the eject hard disk option is still available . the disk is shown in the disk management but not as active . pls help me guys !!!!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
ok.
Now another question: what do you mean by strange problem?
Cause it looks like a unrecognizable or bad HDD.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I was talking about it.

when i connect the usb port at the back side once it connected then i was copying a file but then my 7yr old computer strated giveing me problem

Sorry, This type of problem comes when quickly going through shortened form.

You can't assign a drive letter to it directly. Neither you can format the HDD.
Please describe 'the problem' that you were having while using it at that time.

ok once more
i connected the hard disk at the back usb port of my computer...first time is got connected ..... i was copying something from the hard disk ...no problem was there at that time then my computer said that u can get better performance from the disk if u connected it to the other fast usb port so i cancelled the copying and unplugged the hard disk and plugged it into other usb port .....but thats when the problem is there ..... computer showed the optin to eject the dick safelly but ut did not show it into the computer ......
pls reply asap!

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm not sure about the problem. May be broken filesystem or nothing as serious as I'm thinking.

Have any linux distro live CD? Then you may try to plug it in there and see whether it detects it or not.

RubySh.

Broken In
I'm not sure about the problem. May be broken filesystem or nothing as serious as I'm thinking.

Have any linux distro live CD? Then you may try to plug it in there and see whether it detects it or not.

I would want you to try the same. for Linux may be able to get he drive configured and you may probably get it back with the data's inside at compromise. wish you luck

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
ok, you don't know about it.

Do you have any important data in that HDD? If not go ahead and format it or assign a drive letter from disk management utility.

Top Bottom