kolkata vs noida, load shedding, nios

D

deepak99

hello friend, will you please suggest me the good place to stay,

where there is less load shedding, i need electricity whole night for using laptop.
i need to attend nios sr. secondary exam so want to stay either noida or kolkata on the basis of your suggestion.

my stay period will be around 1-2 months as i have to take tuition of math.
also specify average hotel tarrif for a normal hotel or guest house for staying 1-2 months.

Thanks..

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
If you consider staying in a Hotel, then why are you concerned about power cuts? Almost all hotels have power backup and CESC area has extremely low rate of power cut...as far as hotel stay cost are concerned, they vary a lot depending on the Location, and other privileges offered! You should opt for a GUEST HOUSE or PAYING GUEST...they would be cheaper than hotels and you would get good fooding, atleast better than what offered in Hotels...

OP
D

deepak99

thanks sammy for your reply, paying guest seems ok if i can get separate room, but how do i search for them.

i am also expecting more replies and suggestion.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, sammy is right, CESC areas have low power cuts. If you will stay in a hotel then don't even worry about this. As sammy suggested, I'd also like to suggest for PG instead of hotels. There are many dalals(Agents) in every area. So getting information about PG wont be a problem.

So first decide in which area you'd like to stay, and then contact those agents there, they'll look for it. Generally ask at local Clubs.

Kolkata is cheap place to stay too, like PG rents, Foods, Travelling etc.

So if you want a single room, it would cost Rs. 700/- to 1000/- min. So if you can share rooms, then the price gets divided. You'll also find rooms for Rs. 500/-, but not sure about this in proper city, you may need to look little bit out of the city(remote areas) for this. Otherwise if you can afford approx Rs. 1000/- then it's ok. Generally you'll get rooms within Rs. 700/-. Actually the thing that works is, people set a price for these type of rooms, now if you stay alone you need to bear the whole rent, if you share it gets divided.

Foods are cheap too, like you can have Lunch / Dinner within Rs. 30/- - Rs. 50/- at normal hotels. Road side hotels would cost about Rs. 20/-

mitraark

Decrepit
I think you should stop worrying about Power Cuts :) Although they do happen quite a few times , still it is not anything which would stop your laptop from working .

Kolkata is very cheap place to stay for a City , really affordable hotel rates , even more attrative rates for Lunch and dinner , as stated by krishnandu.sarkar. If the course is same in both places , Kolkata would definitely be a more peaceful place to stay.

OP
D

deepak99

Thank you guys for you suggestion, I am using laptop so 2 hours power cut is ok for me, i was just wondering if there is >2hours of power cut.

Top Bottom