Kolkata, Calcutta and Bengali Culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^Speaking of flyovers, one is definitely needed at Ultadanga Hudco crossing. Be it 8AM or 10PM, there is always a long wait (more than 20 minutes) at Hudco crossing due to excess traffic. The stretch from Telengabagan to Hudco is always hell.:(

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
dude..if they start building a flyover there..just imagine what it would be like to actually cross that area when the flyover will be under construction.. :D

Rahim

Married!
we have some of the best sporting facilities in india..the eden ardens,the salt lake stadium ane few of the best grounds in india...
Paagal ho gaya hai kya.
Just go to Eden and look for the "high quality facilities" provided by CAB. Taps are leaking, flood lights can be down at any moment (saw that when matches are on in IPL), food is terrible, the Giant Screen works randomly.
The pride of Eden has long been gone and it is one of the worst stadium in India apart from the atmosphere generated ny passionate supporters.
WTH the Mohali Stadium is much better than Eden. The donkeys officials and egostic officers have ruined the Dream Stadium.
Sirf emarat khadi kardene se baat nahi banti, achchii facilities bhi honi chahihe.
Just imagine going to Inox filled with flys around and if you complain the owner will say,"This screen is the best in Kolkata and just forget about everything else and enjoy your movie." :p You will surely love it that way.
I pray IPL matches turn the wheel of revival and bring back the glory that this amazing stadium deserve. Amen.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
i agree that eden has long lost its glamour..but its not CAB which is to be blamed..the eden..touted to be the best ground in india..is never given an ODI or a test to host..once in a while..the bcci looks through the map and identifies the place and dumps 1 or two matches there..if there are no mathces played then where do CAB get the revenue from..it has the lushest outfield and the giant screen..well..is not always erected..and please..when the screen is there..it works..at least in the number of matches i have been to..

egronomics may be bad..but water supply and other facilities are the work of the PWD(pulic works department)..now if the left governemtn wont look to that..nuthin much that the CAB can do but stare at the ruins..

Rahim

Married!
Taali do haathon se bajti hai mere bhai. A lay man could give a dinkey for who is to be blamed. The fans with their bottle throwing incidents have also contributed with less matches hosted at Eden. Talk about shooting in your foot.

I

iamme

Please pay a visit to my thread Harassment! What's Going On?
That's another aspect of this otherwise beautiful city. Please don't take me otherwise, I am the biggest Kolkata fan. Will take me the max time to leave this city!

OP
sourav123

sourav123

Thinking Different
dude..if they start building a flyover there..just imagine what it would be like to actually cross that area when the flyover will be under construction.. :D

Hey, my house is in Ultadanga, near the state transport bus depot. I can tell you the problems in that area.

Some years ago, when I was in school, that Ultadanga underpass was not there. It used to take 30 minutes to go from our side to the other side of the rail bridge. I can say that it is still better now with the underpass. Also, even sometime before that, the peerless footbridge (near Capital Electronics) was not there and people used to cross roads dangerously which used to give more traffic jams. Certainly the situation has changed now.

I think, the bus stop after the rail bridge should be moved a bit further to reduce the bottleneck congestion after the underpass. Also auto-wallahs are a menace on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom