KNOPPIX >> Why cant i get thro' the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashuniverse

In the zone
Hi all,
I installed Knoppix on my system. Used this steps.

- enter using live cd
- press ctrl+alt+F2
- knx-hdinstall

i did the formatting stuff and the files and then i rebooted but i could not get anything. i guess there was a problem with bootloader install. can anyone guide me how do i have the installation done properly.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead.

See this for a complete guide :
*www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo

OP
C

crashuniverse

In the zone
yes. well what do u exactly mean by its no longer used. I am askin 'cos i am installing 3.2 and if it has this feature right herem it shd be workin' am i right?

anywasy when i do as u say it just stops at selecting a partition. I am not able to select it. it asks again, again and again for the same qustion.

coolblue

Broken In
Use kanotix.far better than knoppix and EASILY installable to hd. I have it installed right now & it rocks! Very fast and based on Debian Sid. Hope u'll like it. BEST Live CD & distro I've seen!

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
QwertyManiac said:
Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead.
Did you bother to ask for Knoppix version he was using? knoppix-installer is default with Knoppix 3.6 onwards. knoppix-installer project which includes a GUI installation wizard was in development at that time.

@crashuniverse, could you tell some things,
Did you install boot loader in the MBR? do you have two harddisks? Did the installer give any error/warning message which installing lilo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom