Kitkat Update made by Grand 2 sdcard almost useless-File Managers dont work,Torrents Dont Download

maverick121

Journeyman
Samsung has pushed its new kitkat update.It comes with this problem -No app can write to external SD Card.
So the FileManager cannot write,Cannot Download Torrents to SDCard and nothing works.I have not tested games,but games like Asphalt kind of stores some data is sdcard i suppose.

So guys think twice before going for the Kitkat update,otherwise be ready to root and void the warranty.
XDA has a good thread regarding this Kit Kat 4.4 and external SD cards | Galaxy Note 10.1 | XDA Forum

ankush28

Bazinga
Re: Kitkat Update made by Grand 2 sdcard almost useless-File Manages dont work,Torrent's Dont Downlo

Step one- ROOT
Step two- Install SDfix (Correct name?)
Step three - fix sd access with that app
Step four - ditch samsung next time. This is one of the most irritating bug in OTA I've seen. why the hell they pushed half baked update?? :facepalm: That too after taking long time.

You can also try burning your phone, HTC will give you free Desire 816 :p

@ Other members if you know proper solution of this then please post.

- - - Updated - - -

You can also try mounting SD card with help of ADB. (So you will have full access until next reboot)

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman
Re: Kitkat Update made by Grand 2 sdcard almost useless-File Manages dont work,Torrent's Dont Downlo

Thanks for the reply.Even if you say you are gonna give me an HTC for free I'm not gonna take it.HTC SUCKS they use some 3rd quality hardware I lost my hard earned 20000 rupees since their piece of junk bricked after one month after warranty date.I had used it care fully I don't know why it happened.

I personally love samsung touch wiz and it's not samsung you need to blame,Google has made this change.

Minion

Conversation Architect

I am not facing any problem with Moto E with 4.4.4 kitkat update.Get ES Explorer from play store see what happens.

OP
M

maverick121

Journeyman

I'm using 4.4.2.Es does not work

ZTR

Cyborg Agent

This is thanks to Google and not Samsung lol

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

using stock korean kitkat ported to my e970. Apps can access memory card with sd card fix app.

ankush28

Bazinga

This is thanks to Google and not Samsung lol

I am not facing any problem with Moto E with 4.4.4 kitkat update.Get ES Explorer from play store see what happens.

This....
Samsung isn't kid! Why the hell they have developer's team? Just for bloating?

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

This....
Samsung isn't kid! Why the hell they have developer's team? Just for bloating?
No dev team will touch Google's reference implementation, specially not the premium partners like Samsung.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

this is inherent problem in kitkat ..

manufacturers are trying to make a workaround .. first update is often stock without any modification.. so this is expected .. they might fix this in the future update

power_8383

Eager to learn.

Samsung has released a stability update couple of days ago.
Check if issue has been fixed.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
Re: Kitkat Update made by Grand 2 sdcard almost useless-File Managers dont work,Torrents Dont Downlo

for me theres no problem like u telling in my grand2 which i buyied 4 days ago u should update the stability fix they released which is about 21 mb it should be working good

bubusam13

Human
Re: Kitkat Update made by Grand 2 sdcard almost useless-File Managers dont work,Torrents Dont Downlo

The problem is with kitkat and its Google's fault. Grand 2 is a nice device. Stop blamming samsung. I am no samsung fanboy, this is my first samsung.
Anyway Samsung support is very good, 24*7 support over phone, mail, and also chat at a specific time. And they are not in a hurry also.
Going to Samsung CSC monday and downgrading to Jelly Bean. I had no issue with jellybean.

TechnoBOY

Padawan

still i didn't got an update for grand 2

ankush28

Bazinga

The problem is with kitkat and its Google's fault. Grand 2 is a nice device. Stop blamming samsung. I am no samsung fanboy, this is my first samsung.
Anyway Samsung support is very good, 24*7 support over phone, mail, and also chat at a specific time. And they are not in a hurry also.
Going to Samsung CSC monday and downgrading to Jelly Bean. I had no issue with jellybean.
Who pushed non-tested update? Well if you are OK with this then no doubt Samsung is best for you :clap2:

still i didn't got an update for grand 2

Its Okay. Atleast better you have properly working phone. Those who have updated are waiting for stability update.
Or downgrading

bubusam13

Human

I am not facing any stability issue. The only two issues I am facing are 1> unable to delete files from SD card which is a kitkat issue. So can't blame Samsung for it
2> For GPS only mode, it's almost unable to lock satellites. But in the high accuracy mode, GPS+ Network, its very accurate.
[MENTION=171475]ankush28[/MENTION]... so who is the best as per you, Micromax ? or Xaiomi. :duh2::banghead:

ankush28

Bazinga

^^ No one is BEST. Atleast others are better. Xiaomi is far better than any Indian brand.

Top Bottom