Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning discussion

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^^ Looks like you rushed the game as Piyush is halfway through and already at 150 hrs. Or may be you have a different kind of play style. :)

Hmm.. I haven't rushed it I think, I just started using Fast Travel when I discovered locations.

I was using a character build of Warrior + Mage, Fate was 'Overlord'.
Mainly used Greatswords, Chakrams and staffs. Never used a bow. :cool:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep, i love meteor..cast one spell and a whole group's dead..cool!!

looks exciting .. I'll have it ( or atleast try to get it ) to make the gameplay as easy as possible ;-)

@TPG
since you are Warlock, you are already using 2 classes combo: here Finesse and Sorcery
just do a fate-weaving if you want to rebuild your character and try new builds
I guess you already know that the destiny cards are unlocked on the basis of the points you spend on 3 classes
try 3 class build one time at least
or at least read the destiny card abilities present under 3 classes combinations

now I understood how to combine two or more classes - thanks.

Piyush

Lanaya
Currently on the verge of finishing The House of Sorrows final quest
I guess this is the last faction to be joined
and I'm still unable to kill Dren (must be a main story character)
Btw found some unique weapons:
The Demons Horns (fae blades)
The Lion Claws (fae blades)
Ember (Hammer)
Mirror knives (Dagger)
and completed Bolgan Bane's armor set (warrior armor)

Fav Longsword- The cessblade
Fav Greatsword- Scourgebane
Fav Hammer- Ward of the North
Fav Faeblades- The Lion Claws
Fav Daggers- Mirror knives
Fav Staff- The Esharra's song
Fav Chakrams- Prismere Chakrams of perfectionist
Fav Longbow- The Nature's Kiss
Fav Spectre- none so far
Fav Amulet- The Thresh Seal
Fav Rings- Loop of meditation and Hero's Signet
Fav Destructive spell- Earthquake
Fav non-destructive spell- Harpoon

Last edited:

gamesetmatch

Right off the assembly line
Finished the game yesterday. Have to agree with the comments above - combat is fun but the quests get repetitive and stale beyond a point and the camera is buggy as hell.

It was a definitely a respectable start - would have loved to see the improvements in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning 2

gamesetmatch

Right off the assembly line
Finished the game and the 2 DLCs :) - save your game often as there are quest bugs that might not let you finish without reloading a previous save.

Fences are vendors in the Travelers camps. There are 3 - one per each camp if I remember correctly.

masterkd

Padawan
@TPG,
don't get caught if you have stolen valuable items with you..if you serve jail..they will take all the stolen items!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, I'm aware of that and so far acquired all the questionable items either by mistake or if I had to do this for a quest first I make sure there's no one is seeing / no one is nearby or when the NPC is sleeping ;-)

The travelers faction at sun camp, moon camp, star camp

OR

level up your Mercantile skill to the max

ok .. thanks ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
Finished Witcher 2, what do you think? Worth trying?

Else I'll just reload Skyrim.

Piyush

Lanaya
Finished Witcher 2, what do you think? Worth trying?

Else I'll just reload Skyrim.

In short , if you are a fan of gore and fighting combos, then Amalur
otherwise Skyrim is better in terms of game mojo

you can check my short game review on the first page for a better idea :)

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
//Areeee....why lock my thred? Could have merged with this :(

Well, progress update

I'm addicted to this game. Everytime I sit to play only half an hour it reached to three hours minimum. This weekend had lunch at 4PM and had diner at 12AM both days.

Lots of quests and I'm not finding enough time to finish all.

But, like I told earlier, I'm amazed by the vast types of combats this game offers.

Witcher, for me, redifined RPG. Say it grafics or sound or combat or story. Whereas Kingdom of Amalur is very similar to Witcher concepts. but it does offer more for everything Witcher offered.

Weapons: Longsword, Greatsword, Hammer, Staff, Chakram (fav. primary weapon), Faeblades, Sceptre(fav secondary weapon), daggers
Weapon mods: If Witcher provided various oils to rub on swords, diamond dust to sharpen or runes to upgrade, Kingdom of Amalur provides more option for customization.
Salvage weapons, make totally new weapons from salvagfed parts and while doing so use the opportunity to use various combinations to make a more powerful weapon. The upgrading does not stop here, few weapons come with weapon sockets and/or utility sockets. You can attache additional upgrade stones in these sockets.
Half of my time goes to decide what to sell and what to salvage and what to craft from the salvaged parts :(

Armor mods: Exactly similar modification ooption available for armor mods too. Includes: Head (Cowl, Cap, Helmet), Chest( Robes, Chestplate), Leggings, Gloves, Shoes.
Blacksmithing and Sagecraft are related to this.
Accessories: Chains and rings with aditional powers

Consumables: Gain additional powers (health and mana specially) by consuming potions. Alchemy is related to this. You can buy potions or can prepare yourself.

If you thought this was enough...then comes various powers. If you have played "Prototype" then imagine all the good powers and more. The powers seems to be inspired by maximum famous games. Prototype, Age of mythology,Witcher etc.

To sum it up the game can be said as a amalgum of Witcher+Prototype. And I love it! Many more sleepless nights and empty stomachs are in my future.

Piyush

Lanaya

To sum it up the game can be said as a amalgum of Witcher+Prototype.
And I love it! Many more sleepless nights and empty stomachs are in my future.
Exactly.
I only wish if we could see KoA:TR 2
Thought it wont be possible as the studio is dead :(
^^Weapon Crafting...have u played Dead Space 3 (which also has deeper Weapon Crafting system)

Both are totally different games. But yea, DS3 offers some crazy weapon modding. For eg, 3 weapons combined to make a single weapon

Top Bottom